German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know much about this one, and am posting for a local rescue group that is overwhelmed with too many GSDs. They say this one probably only has 'til Monday, 7/14. There are a couple of others that may or may not be pure GSDs. I will try to find shelter contact info ASAP. All I have now is rescue group info, and nothing more about this very urgent dog.

<span style="color: #000099">Here is Petfinder info:
"PLEASE NOTE, THIS POST IS A COURTESY LISTING FOR OUR LOCAL ANIMAL CONTROL FACILITY. THE ANIMAL IS BEING HELD AT THEIR FACILITY AND NOT IN OUR RESCUE GROUP. WE ARE TRYING TO SAVE A LIFE. This pretty guy has ended up at a 72 hr. euthanasia facilty. His one floppy ear gives him so much character, don't you think? He'd love a forever home before his time runs out. His down date is July 14.Please refer to kennel # 6. " </span><span style="color: #333399"> </span>

Petfinder page

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Greeneville, TN AC#6 M adult B&T PTS 7/14/08

Animal Control phone # is (423) 798 1777.

I hope it's not too late for this one. He's at AC, not even making it to the HS shelter. HS has a nice Petfinder page, but AC apparently does not. (I'm an hour away from Greeneville, and am not familiar with the relationship between their AC and HS.) AC is only open M-F and Sat AM, so I was not able to contact them by phone today (home from vet after 12 noon).

One of my dogs is going in early Monday morning for minor surgery, so if someone else wants to call AC then for more info, I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanks for the nice thoughts, Cindy. And the boy on death row thanks you for the bump. Tomorrow morning may be his last, so here's another bump.

·
Registered
12,142 Posts

What a sweet looking guy!!!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I just called, and they say that yes, TODAY IS HIS LAST DAY. The lady I spoke with says "he seems really nice", and "is a really pretty dog". He's in with another male GSD, and "they seem to get along fine". She wouldn't even guess an age, but said "he doesn't seem very old". BTW, it sounds like it's the last day for the other GSD, too.

The man in charge is supposed to give me a call when he gets in. I'm hoping to talk him into giving him another day or two, but don't know if that will work. It's animal control, not a humane society. If a rescue group showed some interest, that might buy him a little time.

Greeneville is over an hour away from me, and they're only open during my work hours. I already have to pick up my dog from the vet after work today (doing OK after minor surgery). If a rescue group shows real interest, I'll do whatever I can to help.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I just learned from someone who knows GSDs that he's only about a year old, with a "sweet" personality. He is good with people and other dogs (sharing a kennel with another male GSD, with no problems).

The local rescue that doesn't have room for him (too many GSDs all at once) stepped in to save him at the last minute. He will be vetted, but needs a place to go as quickly as possible. Anyone here who can take him?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Thanks for checking up on him. That's probably the rescue group who "adopted" him. I'll see if they found him a home - foster or forever.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts