German Shepherds Forum banner

Great weekend, HUGE compliment!

2K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  Butchsdad 
Please don't let a lack of available light stop you from taking action shots. There are a few things you can do. 1. You can use the flash, even in the daytime. Most, if not all, semi-modern cameras have a feature that allow you to turn the flash on/off manually so you don't have to depend on the camera's autimatic features. 2. You can use a higher ISO. If you are shooting with a film camera, you simply buy a film with a higher ISO rating, maybe something along the 800-1600 range. If you are shooting with a digital camera, it may have a feature that will allow you to manually choose a higher ISO. The only problem is that the higher ISO you use the grainier the picture you may see. For most people, though, that isn't a problem and I'm sure everyone here would rather see a somewhat grainy picture of Keeta than no picture at all. I would probably start out at around ISO 400 and see how that worked. If you don't like the results, try 800 and then 1600 (which would definately be fast enough, but lower would be better if you can get by with it.) until you get the results you want. Maybe this will help you and I would love to see pictures of Keeta the Super Trooper soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.