German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took Gracie for a recheck of the knee. (If you missed the prior posts, thought she had cruciate tear.) Saw this vet about a month ago, felt it was just a sprain/strain, wait and see attitude. Went today for another eval with him. NO cranial drawer elicited. He feels that the original positive drawer was her drama queen self squealing in pain. He tested both knees and found them to be in great shape

He gave her a full exam. Eyes, ears (dirty but okay), chest/heart all fine. She has some atopic dermatitis on her rump around her tail so she's got an antibiotic/steroid spray for it (I like how antibiotic conservative he is - use a topical before we advance to any pills) and we have to increase her hydroxyzine from twice to three times a day (feet were pruritic and saliva stained). Chunko girl has put on some weight - has gone from 66 ot 69 pounds in about 10 weeks. He's fine with that. She still has her girlish figure but is starting to finally put on some muscle, as she's not so boney any more. He said she looked "spectacular"

He said ----
---- there is no reason to do vaccinations annually. We can do them every other or even every three years. He said no reason to spend the money on the titer lab work unless we are taking her somewhere that requires proof of vaccinations. We did give the bordatella intranasal due to the high incidents of canine influenza in our area right now.

What an awesome visit!

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
Awesome! I wish my vets were a little more conservative with antibiotics. I thought the more you (a general "you") take them, the less they might work in the future? The vet gave me steroids and antibiotics for Coke's hot spot, but it dried up right away so I didn't give them.

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
Very good vet visit. I wish we could do the every few years thing here, but we have to do the shots. Maybe someday LOL

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Yeah Gracie! Wish we could do that with our shots also.
Robbie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts