German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just sad to see another thread deteriorate into sniping at one another....some day there will be acceptance and appreciation of all dogs in the world and human emotion and pride will stop being the ruling force to "worth."

I wanted to leave this quote I found recently as I think it says quite a bit and is from a very, very wise man:

People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness.
Just because they’re not on your road doesn’t mean they’ve gotten lost. ~ Dali Lama

Peace everyone....

I love every single dog I have ever met and see the value in each as well....

Cherri

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Thats a nice quote!!

Most people cross at the cross walk, but you always get the odd "J-walker"!!

Oh Yes there are Rules,
But some people are special OR are they just on a different road and the Rules don't apply to them.

·
Registered
10,225 Posts
Quote:But some people are special OR are they just on a different road and the Rules don't apply to them.
Less tailgaiters.

Anyway, what fun would this world be if we all agreed? It's great to have healthy disagreements and arguments so long as they don't turn into personal attacks. The point need not necessarily be convincing someone to turn to the other side but to educate. If someone comes out of an argument still on their same viewpoint but learning a little more about the other, that's a good thing. Change is good, don't forget, and without seeing the other side we may not have the opportunity.

·
Registered
10,225 Posts
We all know the arguments are the most fun anyway- those are the threads that always balloon into a big post-fest!

I'd also like to point out that I spelled "tailgaters" wrong like a doof. I'd like to return my "i" but it seems that I have exceeded the returns/exchanges period. Pretend it is not there.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
I like the quote. If we were all on the same road the world would be most boring, and very little would get done. We would have a single purpose as a society- there might be great art, amazing space exploration, compassionate humanitarianism, etc, etc, etc- pick ONE ONLY. Yet to see that another's path is as valid as the one we chose- not a lot of folks can do that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts