German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, so I went to Hamlet´s vet on Friday...he eats TOO quickly, and it has given him some trouble...including throwing up and being hungry every one hour or less.

SO, vet said that this works. You should disperse his food. Instead of putting it inside his pot, you place it on the floor (which HAS to be washed previously, but it only takes a couple of minutes). Try to put the pieces far from one another, so that it takes a while. Little piles of food work, though, but try to make it more difficult...so that he HAS to chew. The thing is, if your puppy eats as fast as mine, he doesn't chew his food. If he doesn't, then you've got puppy stomach issues. Take two minutes distributing his food a long a 1 metre area (like a 1x1 square) so that it takes longer to eat.

It has worked WONDERS for Hamlet...now he doesn't get SO desperate between food intakes!!! :D

Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't....but it was a technique I didn't know, so I wanted to share it....if it works, then yay :D

·
Registered
940 Posts
You can also put the food in a Bundt cake pan or a muffin baking tin
That's a great idea!

It wouldn't really work for Xander...I know he'd just pick it up and dump all the food...but, I guess that would definitely work just not how I had intended! LOL

·
Registered
3,558 Posts

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
That's a great idea!

It wouldn't really work for Xander...I know he'd just pick it up and dump all the food...but, I guess that would definitely work just not how I had intended! LOL
You can also take a large no tip dog dish, and a smaller regular dog dish and place it upside down in the no tip one. That way its similar to a bundt pan or slow feeding bowl, but still no tip so the dog can't flip it over.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts