German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just needed a place to brag. After 7 long weeks, Ole has graduated from Reactive Dog Class. We are starting Regular classes this week. There was not a lot of pomp to this graduation.

The assistant trainer asked the head trainer, "Do you think Ole is ready for level 3/4." (basic obedience with distractions)
The head trainer said, "Let's try it."
I said, "OK, I'll sign him up."

On the inside, I was having a party :)

·
Registered
525 Posts
Congrats! I'm so glad he's doing well! Obedience with distractions is hard. Good luck to you both!
(Kias has yet to sign up for reactivity classes.)

·
Super Moderator
32,162 Posts
Congratulations! I hope you and he do well in your next class.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks,

I am pretty excited. We got a checklist for the Canine Good Citizen. We are going to use that test as our next training goal.

I don't know if he will ever let a stranger walk up to him and pet him. A stranger approaching us and talking in a friendly manner should be possible. I am not going to force it, but it will be interesting to see how his threshold evolves over the next couple of months.

Otherwise, they look like reasonable objectives for the next couple of months.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Congrats! I know you have both worked hard.
I'll also add that finding a way to incorporate the toy in training can help with any uneasiness Ole feels during group lessons. I keep a tug on me during obedience classes and it can help my pup focus on what matters when other dogs act a fool.
Good luck!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
CONGRATS! You've done a great job!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts