German Shepherds Forum banner

121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Yeah, who are the Beagles? Veronica (VSnap here) just found two beagles along the side of the road... Just mentioning that in case you/a friend is missing their dogs.

As usual Ruthie looks wonderful. Heck, everyone looks great!

·
Registered
9,438 Posts
I believe the beagles are the two highway hounds listed in Shannon's signature - Denver & Raleigh. Part of that pack of critters she has!

Everyone looks great Shannon - terrific pictures!

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Bet your right...pm'ed her just in case...I know its a real long shot but thought I'd mention it just in case...you just never know...just in case someone is missing their pups.

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Originally Posted By: shilohsmomYeah, who are the Beagles? Veronica (VSnap here) just found two beagles along the side of the road... Just mentioning that in case you/a friend is missing their dogs.

As usual Ruthie looks wonderful. Heck, everyone looks great!
That didn't sound the way I meant it...I just saw the beagles and thought of the dogs VSnap just found...guess I was just hoping for an odd type of miracle.

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Don't want to loose Ruth and Gracie in the update of the new board either.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just wanted to let you guys know that Gracie crossed over the rainbow bridge a few days ago. She had slowed down considerably over these last couple of years (and took an NSAID daily for the last year or so), but it was a progressive vestibular condition that finally did her in. Initially, she had stopped eating, but it progressed into frequent vomiting, inability to walk, head tilt, and nystagmus. We were able to control her vomiting with meds, but we never could get her to eat or be able to stand/walk to relieve herself. Admittedly, I didn't push for expensive diagnostic imaging or hospitalization/placement of a feeding tube given her age (maybe 12.5-13 yrs?); it just felt like it was her time when she didn't improve (we had been trying to figure out when we'd have to make this decision based on her difficulty getting around for a while now).

Endings are sad, but I wanted you all to know that she had a great life. She was with us through a lot... our marriage, the birth of our daughter, our moves to Kansas and back to Tennessee, and so much more. She was a low-maintenance kind of dog... she loved to eat, she loved to sleep, and she loved to lay on the porch. She tolerated going outside for walks, usually electing to do her business within 3' of the concrete driveway.

She will be missed, but she's across the bridge with our other GSD now (Riley died about 2.5 years ago at 12.5 yrs old from what appeared to be a bloat). I'm having her cremated and will bury her ashes on the family farm, next to Riley, along the creek bank. Thanks for the 11 great years my family shared with Gracie.

·
Registered
55 Posts
:crying:
Your post brought tears to my eyes. I hate this aspect of dog ownership. Loving something and being loved in return in a manner so pure, all along knowing that at best you will have 12- 14 years together.

I lost my last dog 2 weeks ago/. I still look for him every time I turn around.

So sorry for your loss.

121 - 131 of 131 Posts