German Shepherds Forum banner

101 - 120 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Gracie and Ruth are two dogs that will stay with me forever. From the first devastating shelter pictures to the absolute joy of seeing the post where we were told that an angel was going to pick these two up.

And to now, seeing the pictures of her as the dog she was meant to be.

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
oh my gosh...she looks wonderful!!! Thank you so much for the updates. Its stories like your that make working these boards so rewarding. She is one amazing dog!!

·
Registered
9,438 Posts
I don't think any of us will ever forgot those shelter pictures... She is absolutely gorgeous, Shannon. This is one of the best rescue stories ever. Many thanks to everyone involved in saving these beauties. You need to post pictures more often!!

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I have been on this board for several years and I have seen some amazing stories of other dogs being transformed, but I never thought that I would help with one of those amazing transformations. It has been incredibly rewarding to be able to watch these two girls transform into the butterflies
they were always meant to be.

It truely blows me away when I think of how many people were trying so hard to save these two and Shannon jumped in her SUV and drove down there to get them only hours before they were to be PTS all her own. She had no idea, until after the fact, that so many people were desperately trying to save them. She knew that it would probably be a long and expensive road to recovery and she didn't let that stop her. I am truely thankful that there are people like her in this world.

And then I find out that Shannon lives her in Knoxville!!!! I could not believe my luck. Not only was I able to help Gracie come out her shell and turn into the great dog she is, but I was able to make another great friend.

THANK YOU SHANNON FOR SAVING GRACIE AND RUTH!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9,438 Posts
RebelGSD was bumping up some favorite threads - great idea! This is one of my favorites...

·
Registered
535 Posts
Wow, I haven't posted any recent pictures of my Ruthie girl in a long time. She is wonderful... such the sweet, gentle and loving spirit. She's the caretaker of my household.
The day that I picked up Gracie and Ruth from the shelter in Murfreesboro is still one of my greatest defining moments in my life.

Ruth:

Summer 08

Pooped pups after a long day of swimming!

February 09 Snow

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to update this thread.

Still think of these girls every once in a while. She is just gorgeous now!

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Hey Shannon thanks for the reminder. I need to contact Gracie's new parents and get some updated photos.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
I love reading this story and seeing updates. I will never ever forget this two!!

·
Registered
535 Posts
Celebrating my two year anniversary with Ruth and also two years of working with many of you wonderful folks in this community.

Ruth's new Before & After photo, 5/15/07 & 5/11/09

Suma & Ruth trying to decapitate the squirrel (no worries, it's stuffed.)

They think they're sisters...

Sweet Ruthie

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Shannon,

There is absolutely no way anyone would know she is the same dog. She looks wonderful and is obviously so happy with her sister Suma.

Since we share a name and my Rafi also started out with a horrible case of mange, I have a very soft spot for your Ruth. Thanks so much for taking her into your home and into your heart.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Please say a prayer for Ruth. She has not been acting normal since last night. Today she seems lethargic and wobbly... not wanting to go outside and just laying on the couch (trying to stay away from the other dogs.) I have an emergency appointment for her in the morning but will likely take her to the animal ER this evening if she seems to be getting worse. She has had ear infections in the past that made her seem wobbly like this but I don't see any signs of ear problems right now. If anyone has any insight, I would appreciate it. Otherwise, please keep her in your thoughts... thanks!

·
Registered
475 Posts
I'll definitely keep her in my thoughts I remember going back and reading the threads on them not to long ago!

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I just got an update from Shannon. Ruth was shaking her head earlier and she is thinking that it is probably an ear infection. Unless something changes, she is just planning on taking her to the vet in morning.

Fingers crossed that it is only an ear infection and Ruth is milking it for all she can to steal some of the attention from Faith.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I also wanted to update everyone on Gracie. I spoke with Gracie's mom and dad the other day and she is doing very well.

She has learned from Riley, their other GSD, to jump on the bed and has now claimed the guest bed as her own. Why share, when you can have a whole bed to yourself. LOL

She is also still getting around just fine and gives Riley a run for his money.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Sorry I forgot to update, it's been a madhouse lately.

Ruth is doing much better. As I suspected, it was a bacterial ear infection. She has chronic skin and ear flare-ups, but it was a little different this time as the "wobbles" came before the obvious signs that it was ear related. Thanks for keeping Ruthie in your thoughts.

And Amy, thanks for moral support
and the great update on Gracie! Yay!!

·
Registered
535 Posts
Here are some photos from road tripping with my girls last week. They are always so patient when we have fosters, it was great to spend some special time with just them.

Ruthie's favorite photos...

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Re: Gracie & Ruth - 2 GSDs from TN

Originally Posted By: ShannonTCelebrating my two year anniversary with Ruth and also two years of working with many of you wonderful folks in this community.

Ruth's new Before & After photo, 5/15/07 & 5/11/09

WOW, What a difference 2 years can make!! She is beautiful

101 - 120 of 131 Posts