German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, what a journey. This forum has been invaluable to me and I'd love to share my story.

My entire life I wanted a dog. A german shepherd specifically, ever since I was a kid the best days I've had were those days when we went to my aunt's house and I got to play with her GSD. But, my parents never wanted a dog, so I was not able to get one until after I had moved out. Even then, it took a while to find the right apartment, and dog.

Finally we got him. My buddy Einstein :) I decided then and there that I was going to do *something* with him. OB, Agility, etc. But did not even know what Schutzhund is until this woman stopped me on the street and started asking about my pup's lines (he is a patterned sable, so obviously drew her attention). It was thanks to her that I found out about schutzhund and started getting involved.

That was April 2010! Wow, I can't believe how time flies. Fast forward to today, and we have just gotten our IPO3 at our club trial this weekend.

What a rollercoaster ride it has been. It really is a humbling sport. Especially when you are new. It's constant up and down and I love that about IPO! I love that I can enjoy the great moments while they last but can also learn from the bad moments and make adjustments. I love that it's constant stimulation for both me and my dog. My creativity is the only limiting factor in our training. And I love that my dog sometimes reminds me - hey, you still have a lot to learn buddy!

Ok, I'll stop rambling here. without further ado I present to you Einstein IPO3 CGC HOT

·
Registered
261 Posts
Congratulations!!!!!

I hope to get my IPO 3 with my boy this year as well! Lots of hard work and you should be very proud of you and your boy!!! What's next? FH? :D

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
a BIG congrats to you and Einstein! He is a beautiful boy!

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Congratulations to you and Einstein!

GOOD DOG!

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
:congratulations: That's awesome! :)

·
Premium Member
11,251 Posts
:congratulations:

Congratulations! To take any dog from Zero to IPO3 is a big accomplishment and something to be very very proud of! To make IPO3 as a novice, with a dog you have not chosen specifically for the sport is even more impressive and indicative of both a very nice dog and a dedicated owner!

You deserve every trophy sitting there and more!

Lee

·
Registered
27,251 Posts
Congrats to you, what a great journey you are on!

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
Congratulations to you and Einstein.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Wow! Very impressive! Great job to the both of you! Like Lee stated, to take your first dog all the way to an IPO3..... very nice. Big congrats!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts