Gordon County Animal Control Department
Sue Henson, Director
790 Harris Beamer Road

Calhoun, GA 30701

Phone: 706-629-3327

Email: [email protected] gordoncounty.org

Office Hours:
Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm

http://www.gordoncounty.org/Departments/PublicServices/AnimalControl/tabid/61/Default.aspx

They do not really have a contact person. You would just call and whoever answers the phone. They are not ran by police officers, it is two ladies and their family that works up there and a few inmates. They are all very nice. The shelter is VERY clean.

We are not aware of anyone helping this shelter.

(GSD #2 and #3 could potentially be the same dog??? can't tell as there was just a photoalbum sent out on this shelter...with pics of animals...no write ups or anything......the link is at the top of this page)

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Studying the pics...I don't think #2 and #3 are the same dog...and their pics were not grouped together in the photoalbum...I suspect there are at least 3 GSD's at this shelter. (there may be another...but the pic was too dark to tell) Anyone calling...please ask how many they have. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I agree with Mary Ann; I don't think that #2 and #3 are the same dog.

I can donate to an approved rescue to help with the expenses for this dog.

Please send me a PM if help is needed.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Piercing eyes, staring to get OUT - reminds me of Buddy, we save right Danni ?

Young dog, wonderful face, long legs - what a beauty

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This dog is a knockout!

(ebrannan - did you see that really cool kitten...orange with black/grey stripes??)

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
that is the one I was looking at. Geez, if the "no vacancy" sign wasn't lit here ... I would say, orange kitty and sad GSD come on up! And those two pups ... their ears are a little too long and soft, so I don't think they are PB, but the little sable is beautiful.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Yes, Kathleen- Stunning!!!

·
Registered
989 Posts
Ok I just spoke to the shelter, Daisy is 15 months, spayed, utd on shots and was on heartworm preventative. She is good with kids and other dogs. She is more interested in cats than she needs to be and is bad with livestock. They said there is some interest in her but nothing concrete so she is still urgent.

Daisy is also the only GSD they have right now.

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so...the other two? (hoping it's good news...)

·
Registered
342 Posts
She is absolutely gorgeous! Is there any way to temp test any of these dogs?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts

Originally Posted By: myamomhttp://picasaweb.google.com/ynotga/AnimalControlMay52008

Gordon County Animal Control Department
Sue Henson, Director
790 Harris Beamer Road

Calhoun, GA 30701

Phone: 706-629-3327

Email: [email protected] gordoncounty.org

Office Hours:
Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm

http://www.gordoncounty.org/Departments/PublicServices/AnimalControl/tabid/61/Default.aspx

They do not really have a contact person. You would just call and whoever answers the phone. They are not ran by police officers, it is two ladies and their family that works up there and a few inmates. They are all very nice. The shelter is VERY clean.

We are not aware of anyone helping this shelter.

(GSD #2 and #3 could potentially be the same dog??? can't tell as there was just a photoalbum sent out on this shelter...with pics of animals...no write ups or anything......the link is at the top of this page)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Okay – Here is the deal on these 3!

There is only one left.

Her name is Daisy, she is 15 months old. Up-to-date on everything. She needs some help on obedience training.

She is the one that is more black than tan…but, I don’t really know which one Daisy is.

$ 25/ adoption.

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We're assuming this one is Daisy.

(did you happen to find out what happened to the other two?)

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
I think the interior shot of the blanket b&t is the same dog as the two exteriors. If you look closely she's got a little circle of something dried over her nose in both pics and a tiny spot of white on her chest. I think the reason they're not grouped together is that someone was walking around the shelter and the first shot was taken walking down the stalls inside and the second was taken from outdoors.

Anybody working on this girl and any local contacts? I know pulling from GA as a rescue can be tricky because of licensing stuff.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts