German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning we had to put my baby boy, Chopper, to sleep. He could no longer get up on his own and when I'd help him up he'd fall right back down again. We drove him to the vet where they put us in a private room where we said good bye. I can't believe my sweet baby is gone. :( My puppy that was with me since I was 7 1/2 years old. I'm grateful that I have my other two dogs with me other wise I don't know what I'd do :( I guess it hasn't hit me yet that he's gone, I'm sure it will when i feed the dogs tonight. I just miss my sweet baby boy so much. Although I think he planned passing away today because two years ago today my grandma passed away. I know he's waiting for me at the bridge along with my grandparents. I'm going to miss coming home to his howls and his sweet wise face everyday. Good bye my sweet baby boy you'll be forever missed.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Oh no I'm so sorry- losing your childhood dog as an adult is truly the hardest IMO. You know he was suffering and wanting to let go- you did the right thing and he is howling thank you's to you at the bridge:(

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Steph i'm sorry for your loss. I know what Chopper meant to you. :hugs: Its never easy. Give Dodger a nice hug. I'm sure he'll have no problem just being there with you to help comfort.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks he lived a good long life. :eek:

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Steph i'm sorry for your loss. I know what Chopper meant to you. :hugs: Its never easy. Give Dodger a nice hug. I'm sure he'll have no problem just being there with you to help comfort.
thanks he's over here laying his head in my lap making it very hard to type lol.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss :(

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
I am sorry about your loss. Chopper had a good long, happy life and that is all you can ask for. Seventeen years is remarkable.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
O GEEZ....there are no words at times like this......{{{{hugs}}}}
i know right? I even had a talk with him three days ago how no one's going to die during the holidays and he has to pick the same day my grandma died but two years apart.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am sorry about your loss. Chopper had a good long, happy life and that is all you can ask for. Seventeen years is remarkable.
yes it is I thought three years ago would do him in with moving to three different places within a month, but nope.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
thanks he's over here laying his head in my lap making it very hard to type lol.

sounds just about right. They always have to make something hard to do right? lol. but they also always seem to know what we need too.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sounds just about right. They always have to make something hard to do right? lol. but they also always seem to know what we need too.
I know!! silly shepherd we own haha. He did the same thing when my cat died three months ago.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
I'm so sorry to about your about your boy. RIP Chopper, run free at the Bridge.

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Sorry for the loss of your dear boy Chopper.

·
Registered
987 Posts
So sorry for your loss:(

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks everyone :eek:

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
Very sad for your loss. Think of the good times and how you loved the dog and how the dog loved you.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts