German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for my beautiful GSD Maggie that went to the bridge this afternoon.

Dear Maggie,

I knew you were going to be a handful when we got you. The day you stole my calzone right off the table while I wasn't looking I knew I was in for a ride. You had an appetite for everything including carpeting, stuffed animals, base boards and the large chunk of mulch you choked on. You certainly kept me quite busy as a pup.

You turned into a wonderful, loving and devoted dog. You were *my* dog. You slept next to me at night, and stayed by my side.
You layed by the front door during my trips to Florida waiting for me to come home. You were wonderful and patient with the kids. Nick is going to miss playing in the snow with you, and playing "crazy leg". He thought that it was sooo funny when he would scratch your belly and watch your leg go nuts. Jamie is too young to know what is going on. Once she is older I am going to tell her all about you.

Vaccuming the floor isn't going to be as much as a challenge. I know you were devoted to making sure the "vaccum monster" didn't eat me. The vacuum took quite a beating, but I appreciated your efforts. You do know that now that your gone I am actually going to have to clean up under Jamie's high chair. I haven't had to pick food off the floor for 7 years now.

This house is too quiet. I <u>need</u> you to walk into this room. I want you back. I don't think there is anything I hate right now more than cancer. Cancer is a monster. It has taken too many loved ones, and now it has taken you. I am furious that you had to suffer because of it.

You looked so peaceful today towards the end. It's been awhile since I have seen you like that. I hope I made the right decision for you. I couldn't watch you suffer anymore.

I love you more than you could ever know. My heart is breaking right now. I am going to miss you so much, baby.

[/img]

Love,
Mom

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
My heart cries for you right now. I am so sorry for your loss!
RIP Maggie

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
That tribute was absolutley beautiful
I am balling my eyes out
so sad she was to young and a beautiful baby.
I am so sorry for your loss.
Maggie is in peace and watching over you all

·
Registered
15,138 Posts
Wendi and family my heart is breaking for the pain you are feeling right now. What makes it so hard is the GSD's aren't just dogs, they are a member of our family, our protector, our confidants, our loyal friend, our helper around the house and our shadow.

Wendi, some day when you are ready another one of these magnificent animals will enter your life. Will it be another Maggi, no but it will wiggle it's way into your heart.

RIP Maggie, run free sweet gal.

Val

·
Registered
9,438 Posts
Wendi - this is heartbreaking to read. What a beautiful tribute to Maggie. I can promise you that you made the right decision. As hard as it was, it was right. You took her pain and anguish away, and she will be eternally grateful for that. Until you meet again, your dear, sweet girl will be there - all around you.

I'm so sorry for you and your family.

G

·
0 Posts
Wendi, your words sum up so much of the love you and Maggie shared. That you for sharing them with us. From the dialogs we've had with you and your loving tribute here we know as you do that she was a testament to the nobility of the breed we love so much.

I know where you are now. Losing any dog is very hard. Losing your heart dog all the more so. My thoughts are with you.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Wendi-I have been following your thread about Maggie, and I'm so sorry for your loss. I know you are heartbroken, but I believe that you absolutely did the best thing for Maggie. My heart goes out to you. You and your family are in my prayers.

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
There is no doubt in my mind, and in my heart, that you made the right decision. The depth of our grief is a testament to the depth of the love we share. Your letter beautifully outlines a life of love.

I'm terribly sorry for your loss. Your life together was clearly a life of joy and laughter. Remember the laughter when you sit in your quiet home. May you someday soon smile at Maggie's antics. May you someday soon toast her and your beautiful life together with a calzone. Wherever she is, she'll appreciate the gesture -- not as much as she enjoyed that first calzone though.

And an easily vacuumed house is highly overrated. You enjoyed your dog far more than anyone has ever enjoyed a clean carpet. Thank you for reminding the rest of us what's truly important.

Bless you and your family. You were blessed by a wonderful joyful spirit for years, although not nearly long enough. In her absence, you remain in my thoughts.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
I cried just reading your tribute, I can't imagine how you could see through the tears to post it! I dread when that inevitable day of loss comes my way, my heart goes out to you!

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
What a beautiful tribute to Maggie, she sounds like she was an awesome friend and companion. My condolences to you, your family and all the others who loved and admired her.
Rest in Peace Maggie!!!

·
Registered
298 Posts
What a treasured friend Maggie was, and she certainly will remain more than "just" a memory in your heart. I am sorry for the pain of this day, Wendi. May God's peace comfort you always, but especially today.

·
Registered
8,186 Posts

i'm so sorry you lost your girl to cancer.
my heart aches for you and your family.
i hope you find peace with your decission & know it was that last show of love you could give to her.
her suffering is over, and her spirit is released from its prison.
keep her memories close in your heart and she'll always be with you

till you meet again, rip sweet maggie

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
My sincere sympathies to you and your family. Maggie was full of life and love, you gave her a wonderful home and stood beside her when she needed you most. RIP sweet girl.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
What a lovely story. I am so very sorry for your loss. If she looked peaceful, then you made the right decision. Be confident in that.

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Oh Wendi, I'm so sorry. I wish Maggie could come back to you and be with you and your family. My thoughts are with you.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. Remember the good times and what a wonderful dog Maggie was. She may not be with you in body, but she will always be with you in spirit.

Rest in Peace, Maggie

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
<span style="color: #000099">Just from reading about Maggie through her illness and now that she's crossed the Bridge, I feel like I've lost a good friend. May you find comfort in knowing that you did everything you could to make Maggie well, and when that was not to be, released her from her pain and suffering. Rest in peace, Maggie.

</span>

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Thank you for sharing Maggie's life with us.
I am sorry you both had to go through this but your loving tribute to Maggie is leaving all of us with the picture of a much loved family member and a wonderful GSD - yes, both often do mean the same thing.

Hugs to you on the loss you are feeling for your special dog.

RIP, Maggie

1 - 20 of 29 Posts