German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I continue to do my research on GSD I'm looking for more good dog training videos on Youtube. Any recommendations?

I've looked at German Shepherd Man & Solid K9 Training. I really enjoy how Solid K9 Training works dogs.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Stonnie Dennis is a good one. Always positive. However, it's deceiving. I thought I could stay positive with my pup. Sometimes they need a whack with a loud "no"

He makes it look easy for the puppy vids, but I'm sure that he's spent time training them and THEN makes a vid once they're doing well. It's a bit frustrating when you start to do it and your pup is being a butt and you think "Stonnie did it so easily" lol

·
Registered
855 Posts
Hahaha. Agreed Armstice. There’s also the consideration that Stonnie lives on a fenced acreage, where he has several dogs available to use for playing together to meet the exercise requirements of each dog.

Like he’s said - you should always start a training session with a dog who has had their exercise requirements met. That way they’re easier to navigate. I think he also makes it easier because he’s very structured and clear. I’ve seen people take dogs from others and get results immediately, then give the dog back and the owner can’t get the dog to do a thing even though they just did it.

I like Upstate Canine Education and Stonnie Dennis personally. Those are the main two I’ve really gone back to watch and learn from again on YouTube.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Here's my list.

To train a new dog or puppy or new things to a dog & tricks & other optionals.
kikopup
Donna Hill
Kristen Crejesto

Having trouble getting the necessities down & proofed, I go to:
Chad Mackin
Tyler Muto (Leerburg channel)

Michael Ellis theory of dog training (1 hr get your geek on talking head vid) <--also leerburg

When searching you-tube, keep in mind it's not always the cream that rises to the top.

On that note, if you are thinking of using an e-collar, Larry Krohn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts