German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if I could get some recommendations as to some good websites to order supplies/accesories (bed/blankets, i.d tags, etc) from. I'm basically only looking for i.d tags, but I'm sure I could find other goodies to order as well! I did look at sites such as Petsmart and Petco. Petsmart didn't really have anything I was too interested in as far as tags go, and Petco doesn't ship to Canada, which is too bad because I found quite a few things I would have loved to order!!

So, what sites do you order your doggie supplies from? Please remember i'm in Canada, so any recommendations you give need to ship here.

To any Canadians who might chime in, I have looked in Pet Valu (nothing really caught my eye) and also PetLand.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I like Petedge for things like bowls, beds, and toys. Inexpensive and I've always had good luck with them.

·
Super Moderator
27,461 Posts
I use Amazon.com because so many other companies are linking thru them now...

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I have ordered from Drs. Foster and Smith: www.[B]drsfostersmith[/B].com

Not sure of their policies on shipping to Canada but the website will probably tell you. They have a large variety of stuff.

I also order from Flint River Ranch:www.[B]flintriver[/B].com for antlers and some food and treats.

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
Boomerang Tags is where I get tags. Or, I get the DuraSoft ASAT collar from Gun Dog Supply and it comes with a free brass ID plate riveted onto the collar.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Boomerang Tags is where I get tags. Or, I get the DuraSoft ASAT collar from Gun Dog Supply and it comes with a free brass ID plate riveted onto the collar.
I forgot Gun Dog Supply. They are wonderful. I had a small problem with one order and it only took one phone call for them to make it right. They were quick to reply and took care of the shipping issue right away.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
same here:
amazon for most stuff - especially cool with Prime membership (free 2-day shipping)
Then there are:
gun dog supply for e-collars, tags, collars
elite k9 and hallmark k9 for toys, bowls, tugs
equine mega store for advantix and interceptor
all k9 for some stuff too

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Amazon - but watch shipping if it's not shipped from them, look for super saver free shipping.
Jefer's - I have ordered from them for over 20years never had a problem and staff will get answers if you have questions.
Doctors Foster & Smith - I use them mainly for compounding prescriptions they used to ship meds free now orders must be $49 for free shipping.

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
KV Supply has very good prices on leather leads and other odds and ends (bowls, etc.). Shipping is free on most items if you order $50+.

They also have good prices on flea and HW preventative, and supplements.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you everyone!

I looked at all the suggested sites, but ultimately ended up ordering a very nice i.d tag and crate pad from dogids.com! Cost a bit extra to have it shipped here and pay the applicable taxes and duties, but I think I'll be quite happy with my order! There were some nice things on the other sites I might go back and order as well. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
we really like ray allen. they are more so gear though. like harnesses and collars. we got dia a harness with velcro for tags, a traffic lead and a cooling pack that attaches to the harness :D not what you are looking for but they do have cool stuff!

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
Jeffers, jb pet supply, drs foster and smith are some good ones.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
I used amazon.com to buy a heated bed for Shania. I couldn't find any or anything that i could rig for the purpose in town even in the agri stores. Not only was it cheaper than anything I found online in Canada, they refunded the part of the customs fees they over charged me so the bed with international shipping (7 business days) was only $90.

I've used Petedge as well. One order was great, one they packed my gallon each of shampoo & conditioner on top of a 16oz bottle of "The Stuff." That box was also damaged on delivery The harsh part with them is they don't collect customs fees so they have to be paid to CanadaPost on delivery (so I always had to get it shipped to the office so I could hand over cash) and those fees seemed a lot steeper than any other time I ordered stuff from the States.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if I could get some recommendations as to some good websites to order supplies/accesories (bed/blankets, i.d tags, etc) from. I'm basically only looking for i.d tags, but I'm sure I could find other goodies to order as well! I did look at sites such as Petsmart and Petco. Petsmart didn't really have anything I was too interested in as far as tags go, and Petco doesn't ship to Canada, which is too bad because I found quite a few things I would have loved to order!!

So, what sites do you order your doggie supplies from? Please remember i'm in Canada, so any recommendations you give need to ship here.

To any Canadians who might chime in, I have looked in Pet Valu (nothing really caught my eye) and also PetLand.

Thanks!
Im not positive they ship to canada, because I live in the states, but I've always ordered from futurepets.com. They have the lowest prices on cow hooves I've come across yet. :) And we go through a lot of hooves.

·
Registered
115 Posts
We get a lot of items through eliteK9.com. More so for equipt., but they do ship to Canada, and their prices are generally better than Ray Allen.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts