German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to be heading down to NC through Detroit MI down through PA. Would like to take advantage of US prices and get hip elbow XRays. Can anyone recommend a vet in the vicinity of that route that can be trusted to do it right for a price worth stopping for?

·
Registered
31,586 Posts
Why thru Detroit? Why not thru NY and down? If NY, I would recommend Colonial in Ithaca NY. Not to far off the path if you come down thru the Finger Lakes.

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
If you're looking based on price, I use a vet outside of Grand Rapids that charges about $150 for hips and elbows. They are digital though (SV still require analog film?). I've never had issues with my results or positioning, but I've also never had any borderline dogs (so far all prelims have looked nice, one adult OFA Good, another SV a1-normal, one mutt I didn't submit for a formal rating, and one 11 month old that will be re-taken at 24 months).

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
Nikon's breeder just posted a recommendation for Dr. Amanda Chrzanowski, Heritage Animal Hospital, Dundee, Michigan phone 734-529-9177. That's on the east side of the state. No idea on the prices.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just checked I could go through buffalo or detroit the time differences are not extreme.
Ithica however is to far out of the way.

The clinic in Dundee is actually pretty close to my route thanks Ill check them out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts