German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

I am searching for breeders to buy my first GSD pup.

would appreciate help from anyone who is experienced.

I have spoken to Mo, who owns the Von Aries german shepherds in milton.

Any reviews for him ? I am suppose to meet him tomorrow. He is charging $2500 for a pup.

I dont want to buy from a non recommended breeder.

Awaiting for replies anxiously.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
it will be easier for people to help if they know what is the dog going to be for. sport/IPO, working (SAR or farm dog), show dog, plain pet dog. do you want a crackhead or a lazy dog?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey, sorry for not giving details regarding what is it for. it wont be for show or working. just family pet, a loyal companion. Also with a temperment for apartment living incase i move from a house to an apartment

·
Premium Member
11,154 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
any other inputs ?

No one has shepherds from excellent breeders around toronto, mississauga ?

·
Premium Member
11,154 Posts
well - I am in PA and only know about dei Precision from attending SV style shows/koers in the Buffalo area....not familiar enough with the area and with showline breeders to mention anyone else - and really, only recommend breeders I have met either personally or via dogs they have bred that I know or people I actually know and respect have talked about with me.....really narrows it down. I can look at a website and understand what they are breeding - good or bad within certain parameters - but can only judge that aspect....

Lee

·
Registered
564 Posts
Sorry, the breeder I got my girls from died in an accident two years ago. Otherwise I would have recommended him in a heartbeat. He was a good person and a great friend, as well as a respected breeder.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Kwgsd.com

A local breed club in Kitchener. They have recommended breeders on their site.

All breeders are personal recommendations from the club either through conversation with breeders, other owners but most are from first hand experience with dogs from these kennels.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there, you are asking specifically re: Von Aries in Milton and I can certainly respond. We purchased our GSD puppy from them a few months ago after looking into several breeders. We hit it off with Muhammad immediately and are beyond thrilled with the puppy he recommended for our needs. Muhammad has been nothing short of awesome and our puppy (now 5 months) turns heads wherever we go. We purchased him for property protection as we live in the country as well as for companion. He is super smart, wonderful even temperament and gorgeous colour. Even our veterinarian called us to see where we purchased him so she could refer another client to them as she was so impressed with him. She said he clearly stood out as a superior shepherd with excellent breeding which was a wonderful compliment. It is clear that Muhammad is passionate about his Shepherds and their breeding program. He is there to support and answer questions anytime. I have zero hesitation in recommending Von Aries. If I ever am in a position to purchase another GSD it will be from Von Aries in Milton without question. Hope this feedback helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey,
I bought a puppy from Muhammad at Von Aries and it ended up having health issues which were determined to be genetic. Would highly not recommend..

·
Registered
107 Posts
My WGWL, Max is from a breeder just outside of Toronto in Schomberg....Kimberhund German Shepherds. They are on Facebook. Depends what you are looking for but I am thrilled with our guy. They definitely require exercise, training and structure.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts