German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a good breeder of Import lined shepherds or a good breeder overseas to import from. I hear horror stories all the time of people getting scammed whether it be from the actual dog or paperwork. I'm looking for a young adult who has started training or at least has the potential to train. I would be willing to look at puppy if I found the "right" one. It doesn't matter where they are located just that they are reputable. Thank you for any and all help.

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
Why do you want to import? There is nothing overseas that cannot be had here

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would prefer to buy in the United States. I'm looking for a working prospect. I'm just looking for a breeder referral of Import lined shepherds.

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
Can you elaborate? Working lines? West German show lines? Why imported?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm looking for strictly working lines. We've always dealt with import lines and it's what we know and love. I have a Czech female who starting SAR training but my husband is in law enforcement and is looking for more personal protection prospect.

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
I'm looking for strictly working lines. We've always dealt with import lines and it's what we know and love. I have a Czech female who starting SAR training but my husband is in law enforcement and is looking for more personal protection prospect.
Where abouts in the US? PM sent also

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
"Import lines" is pretty vague though. You mean a dog that was actually imported, or a dog bred from dogs that were imported? Most working lines are basically import lines since they tend to come from European breedings within a 1-3 generations. Breeders that are exclusively breeding dogs imported directly from Europe narrows it down a bit but even these dogs aren't much different pedigree-wise than most good working lines being bred in the USA.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am located in Central Ohio. I'm looking at either the dog could be from imported parents or an import. I want a breeder who actually works their dogs not just breeds them. I would like a young adult or older puppy to be able to see what potential the dog would have in a law enforcement setting.

·
Premium Member
11,268 Posts
Even with a puppy, look at what the parents have already produced that is credentialed...this is not hard to verify

Lee

1 - 10 of 10 Posts