German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a good, quality brand regular brush and pin brush for my long-coated GSD. I spent quite a bit on these items at Petco or Petsmart (can't remember which), and they suck. The pin brush pins were pushing back into the "foam" part of the brush (this was a double brush on one side, pin brush on the other). today I was using it anyway, and the handle broke. I use a wide tooth metal comb on Kodee's coat first, so I'm not abusing the brush by trying to detangle his hair with it. But I like the pin brush and brush for his coat after I comb it out. I also use a slicker brush and a furminator on him sometimes. My favorite is the slicker, but I still use the other brushes a lot.

Is there a good brand of grooming items for coated GSD's? Also, where do I find them? The stuff I've bought says "for medium or long coated breeds" on the packaging, but they don't last. Kodee's only 9 mos old, and I don't want to be buying new stuff every year for him...unless it's toys

Thanks!

·
Registered
339 Posts
I really like Chris Christianson t-pin brushes and their day to day shampoo and conditioner. Expensive but really worth it!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks TNGSD - I just ordered the t-pin brush you were talking about. I'm still looking for a decent "finishing brush" for a coated GSD - the Chris Christiensen ones are all for short/wire coats. Anyone know of a bristle brush where the bristles are not too close together, so I can get it into his coat a little better (natural bristles, not nylon). Thanks!

Any more suggestions?

·
Registered
92 Posts
i got the furminator for shedding, i love it, and so does cinnimon and ula my gsd and husky.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts