German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The past two days we had relatives visiting us from out of state. I was a little concerned about Wolfie because they brought their 7 year old daughter with them. Wolfie is not used to little kids. He sees them on the beach, and on our walks but doesnt get to interact with them in our house. At first he was all about herding the little girl. He followed her everywhere and tried to push her back into the room with the adults. Then they became best friends. The two of them played ball for hours on end, to the point where Wolfie flopped down on the floor in exhaustion. He sat by her side the whole time she was at our house and handed out loads of kisses for her. We were very pleasantly surprised at how good he was with her, and how gentle. Good Boy Wolfie. Very good boy!

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Congrats Wolfie! Excellent behavior with your young house guest.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Awww good job Wolfie! Way to go :D

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
GSDs have a strong child attraction field generator built into them. Once inside the gravity well of the GSD many children cannot escape. It's a good place for kids.

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
I think you'll have trouble keeping him away from the kids now..............

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Wolfie you rock. As always Wolfie your a great breed ambassador.That little girl is a definite convert.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Such a cute story.. They are really tremendous dogs. Reminds me of the when we visited my dad. His girlfriend was very worried because their GSD was never around kids. The second day we were there her and my youngest (5 at the time) were playing tug and she would pull very gently, occasionally make some growl noises, then drop the toy and let our son "win". It was very cute.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts