German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So tonite my family went for a walk, something we have started to do on a regular bases. Normally when we walk we head toward the nicer neighborhood, mostly because there are fewer dogs running loss. Today we did the same route as normal, but decided to walk an extra block. We took a quick lap around the lower end neighborhood and quickly learned why we never take this route.

As we were walking past a house a woman opened her door and 3 dogs came charging out at us, 1 being a pit bull. I was really worried because we have small kids, a 9yr old, 7yr old, and a 18 month old in a stroller. I really didn't give a lot of thought to Ammo, I was just concerned with catching the pit before it bit one of us. I never let go of Ammo's lead, and quickly reached down and grabbed the dog by its collar, thank God it had one on. The dog was pulling so hard it broke blood vessels in my fingers and cause them to swell instantly. The dogs owner came running out of her house screaming and yelling at her dog, and took the dog back into her yard. It was at that point that I thought about Ammo and turned to check him. There he was sitting calmly beside me while the woman's 2 smaller dogs ran around him yapping.

I calmed myself and told Ammo heal and walked down the road, away from the chaos behind us. Once we were away from the situation I gave Ammo a lot of love for being so good during the commotion. For being only 9 months old he did an awesome job, in my opinion.

Side note: I have absolutely no problem with pits. I personally think they are beautiful dogs and when raised right are wonderful pets. My problem is the irresponsible pet owner.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
252 Posts
Luckily all if you were fine...why do people have dogs if they can't control them.
You are out on a peaceful walk. I'm always a little nervous walking someplace new
For that same reason.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts