German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Trinity who is 7 months old now has been getting out puppy phase a little.
She is happy and calm inside just chilling by the kids as they do their home work and everyone else goes about doing their business. But changes gears as soon as we show any excitement and invite her for a little bit tug or play and goes full throttle when we take her outside.
As a reward she is getting to stay outside the crate more and more, still keeping a close watch on her to make sure she does not chew/swallow something she should not.
This is exactly of what we wished for and are hoping this continues and gets better.
She now waits for "eat" to start eating to a point where once I forgot to say eat and she was still sitting in front of food and kind of rolling her eyes.
She also waits/sits to go outside when we open the door. Coming back in is a different story, she always wants to play more.
I kind of happy to let her grow and enjoy doing so while getting some basic obedience in. Like in one of my other posts we continue to work on better behavior on walks (she is not to too bad but has a lot of scope to improve). My 2 daughters 9 and 11 take her for walks in the neighborhood and don't complain so it's not too bad.

Registered
Love the post title. I've felt on the brink of posting something similar but too nervous incase Biscuit spirals into bad behaviour. Trinity sounds like an amazing dog and very good in the house.

You don't actually allow your daughters to walk Trinity by themselves?

Super Moderator
very nice. I like your attitude and your pup is beautiful. My gal-dog is 5 and she comes in from a long walk or fetch in the yard and she still wants to play. That is a good thing. It means they are happy, healthy and strong...so long as they take No for an answer.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
She鈥檚 so sweet! Are you going to do any dog sports with her?
Not really sure, for now the goal is to keep her active, healthy and happy. Like my breeder says "let the puppy grow".
Have given some thought to obedience of some sort and may be try introducing her to dock diving.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Love the post title. I've felt on the brink of posting something similar but too nervous incase Biscuit spirals into bad behaviour. Trinity sounds like an amazing dog and very good in the house.

You don't actually allow your daughters to walk Trinity by themselves?
I do and she has been doing fine. Only problem is it takes them forever to come back as they make stops at all their friends houses.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts