German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Sunday we're going to a Sanction match in Duncan. I've been going on Monday's to the handler's drop in class to see if I would like it, or even if Kratos would be good at it.

Turns out he has a natural stack, and responds really well. So we're going to a Sanction Match this sunday and next sunday! He'll be in the baby puppy class and its just for fun, no points. But I don't know what to wear.

I've seen regulation shows where the women were hose, flats, and a business suit. Do you wear those at sanction matches? Could someone give this girl some pointers?

Thanks.

·
"I like Daffy" Moderator
3,276 Posts
Wear something comfortable. A nice pair of pants (not your best
ones), nice shirt, flats or tennis shoes for running.

·
"I like Daffy" Moderator
3,276 Posts
It's my dog, but not me showing him. That is Fran Foster, my pro handler.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd imagine you would be able to find one through your local Kennel club or breeder. I don't know though. I'm going to handle my own dog.

·
Super Moderator
5,841 Posts
How does one go about getting a pro handler?

I got a recommendation for a handler from a friend of mine. I love my handler (and my dogs do too). I am very pleased!

·
"I like Daffy" Moderator
3,276 Posts
But she is just doing a match, not a point show. I recommend that she show her own dog for now.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
That's exciting news. I have no advice, just hoping to be where you are one day! Looking forward to updates ?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
5,841 Posts
But she is just doing a match, not a point show. I recommend that she show her own dog for now.

I just watched a match this past weekend. :) Everyone had lots of fun. A great place to learn how to show your dog.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It will be fun and even in point matches I'll be showing myself. But thank you! We're looking forward to it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts