German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, tomorrow should be very interesting.

I am finally headed home to my parents house after being away for 7 months. Being a student and also working part time does not leave me much time to get away, and then there are the fur-kids that need to be watched, exercised, trained, etc..

My Dad (who's the best by the way) rented my sisters and I a car for 4 days so that we can come down and visit!

So, I am loading up my 2 sisters, our three cats, Stark and my sister's dog Senna and we are headed home for the weekend!

The cats will be in their carriers, Stark and Senna in their seat belts, me driving and my sisters somewhere in between.

My parents live on acrage and so I am SO EXCITED for Stark and Senna to just be able to RUN and be silly and have fun for the weekend. No "formal" training just plain fun and games for the puppers this weekend.

There is so much we can do as well. Walk through town (very small town), visit the feed stores, visit neighbours who have only seen Stark when he was 9 weeks old, play at my parents house, visit Grandpa's house and Beau, go to Point Pelee, and so much more! It will be a great opportunity to socialize and have some fun.

I will however have no internet for the weekend as my parents are renovating and their hookup is cancelled until March! How do they survive???

I am brining my camera and so I hope to have a tone of photo's to share on Monday night.

I will try to take a photo of the clown car too.. that should be extremely funny.

The whole trip is about 3 hours with no stops, so I am assuming we will need to make 1 just to stretch our legs.

I have everything mostly packed and ready to go.

As for the dogs, what I am missing? I feel like I am missing something.

Water dish
Food dish
Scale
Harness
Collar
Leash
Toys (indoor toys)
Chewie/Bone
Blanket
Long lead (40')
Invisible Boot (for their paws)
Stark's back pack
Poo Bags
Sanitizer
Chuck-it/Balls
Tug
First Aid kit for the dogs/cats (including medications such as GasX, etc.)

Anything else?

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, I should have mentioned...

I feed raw and will be purchasing food when I get there.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Have fun and take lots of pictures.

Looks like you have everything. Maybe bring a box-spring for Stark to chew when he gets bored.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Since you've got a three hour drive (w/ no stops) you might want to bring along some treats for the puppers. You also may want to bring a towel or two, just in case....or paper towels. Also, make sure you bring at least three times the poop bags you think you are going to need....again, you never know, but may need them.

You may also want to put a sheet on the back seat. Some rental companies will charge you for vacuuming out dog hair from the car and it will help just in case there are muddy paws.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Sounds like you've got everything covered. Have a great time!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts