German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are going on vacation and are leaving my puppy at the Petsmart Hotel. We've used the Petsmart Hotel once before and were very happy with it.

We have opted for her to be involved in the puppy day camp every other day so that she can get alot of socialization as well and not just be couped up for a week.

Anyways, my question is this, she is 4 months old, we've had her almost 2 months long. Will she forget about us while we are gone? Will she bad mad when we get back? Am I just overreacting?

Please help, I feel so bad leaving her. :eek:

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
I'm sure she'll remember you and no she won't be mad! It might take her a few minutes when you first pick her up but she'll be so happy to see you. The first time I picked up Stosh from the kennel he was having such a great time he ran right back out into the yard with his roomies and we had to call him in again. He seemed a little annoyed that he had to leave until we got in the truck--then he was all wags and kisses! I was really glad he had such a blast

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great, thanks for the help!

So I guess I can cancel that third plane ticket for her to come to Punta Cana with us! :D:D:D Just kidding of course.

·
Registered
262 Posts
We went out of the country for 10 days over Christmas and left our 4 month old puppy at the kennel. I went through the same emotions and didn't know what to expect when we got back. Needless to mention Zorro didn't take even 1 second to recognize us..jumped all over us, puppy kisses, tail wagging, etc.

Bottom line: No they wont forget you..but they will make you feel guilty for leaving them behind :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts