German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feed Molly Raw and was just wondering if it would be okay to feed her pickerel, pike, trout or perch. If I catch pickerel or perch I would obviously cut out the pricks from its back. I have been reading around and some sites say yes and some say no! The lakes I fish are north from her and have no cities or industries within 300kms and are very natural and clean. The ones who say no are saying that fresh fish have a high mercury content

·
Registered
14,034 Posts
The fish that have high mercury counts are those that feed on other fish - like Tuna (big HUGE things).

I would gut any fish just to make sure there aren't any ingested objects (like hooks) before giving them to her.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fish that have high mercury counts are those that feed on other fish - like Tuna (big HUGE things).

I would gut any fish just to make sure there aren't any ingested objects (like hooks) before giving them to her.
Thank you hopefully we get lucky!!!:)

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Brrr! That makes me feel cold just thinking about it..........my old dentist used to go ice fishing and would tell me all about it: sounded like you needed a lot of patience and lots of layers. She should be fine - I'm actually rather envious and wish I could snag some of your catch!!!

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge :angel:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts