German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
I ordered some GlycoFlex 600 mg to start Sadie since her hip X-rays came back not so great. It came highly recommended by several people.
First time I gave 2 pills mixed with her food and about an hour later she threw everything up.
I thought maybe 2 pills was too many (dosage for her weight is 3/day) in one sitting so today I tried 1 pill mixed with her food, she ate everything except the kibble that touched the pill. So far no vomiting.
However, there was still about 1/2 cup of food mixed with the pill so I gave it to our husky mix who weighs about 50 lbs. she ate everything, and promptly threw up an hour later.
I know the bottle says to administer pills during or after feeding to avoid digestive upset, and I did that...so why the vomiting? Bad pills? Anyone else have this happen?
Thanks in advance!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
I would ease her into it. Glucosamine can be harsh on the system until they are used to it.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'm not sure about the vomiting part, and I'm not a vet, but I would agree that perhaps she needs to be eased into and and time to get used to it. I would recommend trying a liquid Glucosemine product instead of the pills since you're having trouble getting her to eat the pill. Here's what I use and my boy gobbles it right up! I believe they add flavoring... K9 Glucosamine For Dogs | Liquid Health? Pets

You can get the 32 oz bottle on Amazon for $25 and it lasts for several months! You do have to keep it refrigerated though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts