German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Our GSD hercules is 11. Thankfully he still gets around just fine, but noticed he sometimes seems to have stiff hips and avoids having to go into a sit position.

I bought some hip and joint supplements with glucosamine and creatine and started supplementing his diet a little

Any products anyone recommends?

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
The ones for people from Costco. Ingredients are exactly the same, it's significantly cheaper, and it's USP verified which dog supplements are not. I just crush them with a pill crusher and sprinkle on his food. If you don't have a Costco membership you can order it off Amazon.

Edit: Plus it means my dog and I can take the same ones!!! Certainly makes my knees feel better.

·
Registered
10,174 Posts
My vet told me to get the OTC glucosamine for people and feed 500mg twice a day (for a Whippet). According to him condroitin doesn't do anything for dogs.

·
Registered
31,576 Posts
Some people have reported good success with egg shell membrane

·
Registered
418 Posts
Do some research on Knox gelatine,I've started giving it to my cat for arthritis.

·
Registered
533 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Here here for Springtime Inc products... Fresh Factors, C-complex and/or Longevity is outstanding for older and growing (all life stages) dogs... They really are competitive for prices with their buy 2 get 2 free and anything over $75 gives you a choice of free products and free shipping. They are having a 10% off Sale right now. Human grade products for dogs, horses, humans (and cats)

·
Registered
408 Posts
I use Cosaquin DS chewables and order them through Costco - cheaper than anywhere else and delivered for free.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
I used cosequin and joint supplement food from the vet for Stella as she aged. The food tended to put weight on her, so I had to be careful. Combined (pills and food) they helped.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts