German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have suggestions for a Gluc/Chond supplement (powder, tablet, etc) that tastes good?

My pup has been taking Baytril, which can inhibit joint and cartilage development in puppies. I want to give her glucosamine and chondroitin supplements (together or separately), but would prefer not to give her more big icky pills.

Most of the treats that have these as ingredients are made in China. So I haven't found any snacks that I can use for this purpose.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Trader Joe's used to make a liver flavored pill with both that my girl loved. Pretty cheep too- last time I looked for/found them was a year ago.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Lady Jane willing eats - without cream cheese or other bribe - Springtime's Joint Health Chewables for Dogs.

MSM 300 mg per tablet
Glucosamine HCL 250 mg per tablet
Chondroitin sulfate 175 mg per tablet

http://www.springtimeinc.com/product/94/2

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Quest would sell me into slavery for the Synovi G3 chewables....

·
Moderator who has gone to the dogs
14,619 Posts
My guys LOVE getting their suppliments with yogurt, pumpkin or cottage cheese. Lakota has been doing the "suppliment dance" (night time version of the dinner dance) the last several nights since we changed our routine. She LOVES her "blue yoggie" blueberry yogurt with her suppliments.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
my older guy and girl chew up their cosequin ds chewables, and they are a bit picky. however, if i dont break them in half, they wont touch them.(they are scored, so its just a quick snap.)

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I give Mas Syn-flex (made in the USA) just squirt it on his food and he eats it right up. It has glucosamine a bunchg of other stuff in it. When I was giving him the gluc/chon pills I used a pill crusher and just sprinkled it on his food as well.

·
Registered
671 Posts
My mom's lab mix loves her glyco flex soft chews. My cat goes crazy for the soft chews made for cats and small dogs. She's a very passive gentle cat but when she sees the bag she goes for it!

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
We've been using the SynoviMax Soft Chews and they rate as "treats" in our household. Abby will gladly work to get one as a reward. (I feed them before filling her bowl in the morning, usually making her sit/down or any command we may be working on - at the moment it's "through" for going through my legs and then sitting on my left.)

·
Registered
377 Posts
I use the Springtime joint health formula (in powder form). I pour some water in with my dog's kibble, then add the powder and mix. It turns it into a gravy sort of mix that she loves. Their formula has glucosamine, chondroitin, MSM, and a few other things.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I just drop all of my dogs supplements right in their food and they eat it all. Glucosamine/chondroitin from WalMart or Sam's, MSM, vit. c, vit. e, fish oil, prozyme. We put a little water on the food, soak a few minutes and all three GSD's eat it right up. I am so fortunate to not have picky eaters.
Robbie

·
Registered
403 Posts
Most of my dogs, think anything tastes good, including their poop

I give Cosequin DS chewables though..But I've been looking into some cheaper alternatives for my labs, and other 2 dogs that don't have actual bone or joint issues..Max does way too good on Cosequin to pull him off (severe HD)...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts