1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
27,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Yup I'm going to catch the replay at 11pm depending on where you live can't wait... I'll probably :teary: like a baby LOL...

·
Registered
381 Posts
It was very good. It was sad too. I almost turned it off a couple of times.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Watched it tonight for the first time. It was okay, Animal Planet has definitely declined over the years though - shows about building fish tanks and hillbillies fisting for catfish is stupid.

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
I missed it, but I'm not even sure I want to see it. I don't want to cry:( I don't want to hear about anyone dying, getting hurt, etc....I just don't think I can watch it.

·
Registered
7,222 Posts
I liked it, but it does tear you up when Zora is killed by the grenade. I was glad to see SSGT Anderson come out of his incident with fewer injuries than initially suspected and kudos to the film crew for the first aid and assistance in evacuating him.

·
Registered
27,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is another thread with some nice comments on the shows premier: http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/shepherdgirl-dog-story/228538-glory-hounds.html

And another started by Tricky Shepherd that was closed, due to multiple threads:

Glory Hounds. Who Watched?
I did.... and yep, I had the waterworks turn on.

Anyone else?

It was hard to watch, but I think people should watch it. Not only does it show what these dogs do for us... but also our military. I had a hard time watching not only because of the dogs and what those guys had happen to them.... but knowing that my brother and friends were just over there going through the same thing was difficult. It's one thing to hear the gunshots/grenades as I was talking to him (few attacks happened as we were talking).... but to have an actually vision of what he went through... I'm SO thankful I have him home safe.
-Storm (05/16/12)

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Just watched this today, it was very good. It did make me cry when Zora died :( But wow, what an eye opener to what these men and women AND dogs do on a daily basis.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Thanks for posting mine too. :)

I think they did a great job with that documentary. It was very sad at times, but I'm glad I watched it.

·
Registered
297 Posts
It was very good. It made me think about war in general, young men, not even old enough to drink legally...and the dogs. It made me sad. I was glad I watched it, though. Stayed with me for quite a while. Did anyone notice that Zora was re-called right into the gernade? That would just be so dang hard for the handler......:(

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Registered
27,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Of course, but they both came out and were publicized in the same week. Alpha dogs was portrayed to be something other than it has turned out to be, IMO. I was looking forward to Alpha dogs and it was disappointing.
Thats where I was making a comparison.
Glory hounds is a 'special'/ not going to be a series, and I understand why... very difficult subject matter and filming must have been challenging as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I thought the same thing!

It was very good. It made me think about war in general, young men, not even old enough to drink legally...and the dogs. It made me sad. I was glad I watched it, though. Stayed with me for quite a while. Did anyone notice that Zora was re-called right into the gernade? That would just be so dang hard for the handler......:(
I would never want to be in the situation, but I observed the same thing!...why did he recall her closer to grenade? They made a point (later in the documentary) to say that another handler/dog made NO mistakes...but they didn't say that about Zora's handler...so sad for all involved!

·
Registered
112 Posts
It was hard to tell on television, but I wonder if the grenade was closer to Zora than the handler, and she was already in the kill radius. If that was the case then he may have tried to get him closer to him, which would have been his only option? Just wondering.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I certainly hope so...but that leash was LONG. and the producers had to know how it would come across. I was really hoping they would explain it away....but they didn't.

·
Registered
297 Posts
It was hard to tell on television, but I wonder if the grenade was closer to Zora than the handler, and she was already in the kill radius. If that was the case then he may have tried to get him closer to him, which would have been his only option? Just wondering.
I do think this was the case. I think he realized the dog was near the gernade and did what he could to try to get her away. Or he made the best decision he could in a split second, so sad either way. I was thinking it would be a tough one to get over for a dog handler. I guess in war there are tons of situations that many never do get over.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts