German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHen instructed to give pill before supper a few hours

Can i still give with the pill treats that take pills inside them? I do not want to open the gators mouth and just put my hand in shove my hand down its throat to make sure it goes down. I have done that a few times and i d ont really like to.

THe pill pockets are 1 pill per pocket. This is for cylosporine

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
I wouldn't have a problem using a pill pocket, but I'd advise you to ask your vet first.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
vet did not even say empty stomach or anything online did

I dont think he has given out atopica much or i dont think he minds it with food online says no

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
Ask your vet. They have a pill shot they they will give you if you ask them. It is very easy to use, you put pill on rubber end, go through side by back teeth and push plunger and whalaa.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh yeah i remember that, this is capsules though? I can stop buy or call tommorrow and get it i guess.

Just never feel like doing the gator thing again. I use to do that with my samoyed and it was normal just opend his mouth put pill in and thats it, even with some cats that dont claw its okay but not this dog feels like iim feeding some kind of dino lol She trys to let me but her mouth is naturally clamped so hard unlike my old lab and samoyed had a gentle mouth and open so easy. But of course for our pets we all will do ANYTHING. If i dont put my hand down her python throat she will just spit it out. And she seems amused while its going on.

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
I use mine for capsules it works fine. Sometimes they get smart enough and use tongue to stop it and spit it out, so you do it again and its down the hatch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts