German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only had Geiger for 3 days now, but I'm concerned about her poop. She's 7.5 weeks, and eating the same food she had at the Breeder's (Timberwolf Organics chicken). When we feed her, 1/2 cup three times a day, she only eats about half of it. We take her out about 30 min. after feeding, and she won't go. Last night, she finally had a poop at 1:30 a.m. after her 5:00 p.m. dinner.

Also, her poop is getting progressively more runny. It hasn't been solid at all yet, going from pudding to total liquid this morning. Is she just having a sensitive stomach due to all the change in her life, or is this something I should be concerned about?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Ollie for recommending calling the vet - I did that yesterday afternoon, he said to come in with a stool sample, and it turns out she has coccidia. So, we got some meds to help, (which she has taken like a trooper), and today things are firming up. Feeling better about things here, and appreciative of the advice on this board

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.