German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a difficult time house breaking my pup. She has a crate and she doesn’t mind pooping and peeing in it. I’ve tried the divider and felt bad because she’s so big and the space was so small. She knows she’s wrong for pooping and peeing in the crate because she’ll eat it before she is gets trouble. I’ve tried training pads she eats the pads. I love my German Shepherd but she’s driving me crazy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She spends most of her time in the crate. I’ve had her for 2 months. I’m scared to let her out because she poops and pees and has no telling sign she just kind of goes

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
You need to teach her what you want! She cannot spend most of her time in a crate! Keep her tethered to you in the house. Take her outside frequently for potty breaks, and praise her whenever she does go outside. Take her out after meals, after play time, and just before bedtime. She's not going without warning, you're missing her signals like sniffing around. But when she's out of her crate in the house keep her on a leash and keep her with you, then she won't have accidents inside. Clean out the crate using an enzyme cleaner anytime she goes in there, to remove any lingering odor. If you give her sufficient opportunity to go outside to do her business, and consistently keep her with you at all times inside, she will catch on pretty quickly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts