German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"What was your giant scary dog barking at yesterday?" That's the question that I was asked at the meat counter.
"Which one?", I asked my butcher. Poor guy is terrified of dogs. He was nervous about my little pit a few days.
"The big German Shepherd, you were walking past my apartment and I heard some barking and I saw him looking over his shoulder with his fur all puffed out."
I laughed, "Havoc was being a good boy. There was a crazy beagle behind us who was barking and growling at him. He was looking but he wasn't over reacting and he never made a sound."

So even though Havs was being good, he got blamed for the barking. Somedays, you can't win.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Funny though how people let small dogs get away with behaviour that would be considered borderline dangerous from a bigger dog. Yesterday I was walking my two dogs, a German Shepherd and a Doberman on the lead, a lady with two little terriers walked past and they strained on the lead, up on two legs barking at my two. She seemed to find it cute, but I wonder what she'd have thought if mine had behaved like that?

·
Registered
831 Posts
Ugh I hate that, happened to Eko at petsmart a little pom barked at him while he was sitting down not even looking at it and the owner yelled at me. :confused: And that was after I got multiple compliments by the staff on how well behaved Eko was.

Edit: I dread to think of what my new little APBT will be accused of, I've been walking her when no one is around specifically because of this. :(

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is annoying. I try to roll with it. Havoc has never been aggressive to a polite dog but when a dog is aggressive towards him, he responds.

·
Registered
219 Posts
my husband has a beagle that was the runt of the litter and she weighs all of 15# full grown, however she is very snappy and if anyone goes near her she snaps and bites at them. This is a dog he had before we got together and he doesnt want the behavior changed. I have talked to him about it and he says "well shes just a little baby, shes not really going to hurt anyone, its her only way of defending herself." I know if I allowed lily to do those things he wouldnt be saying the same thing.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
As a owner of small dogs I agree we let them get away with things. But barking at big dogs is something dangerous. When walking my two and I see a big dog I move to the other side of the street. Not because I think the big dog will misbehave but because I know my two when together will growl and bark at the bigger dog.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts