German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So sorry if this post not fit here but I've felt I have to show him

This boy is rescued by us few hours ago. Many bones are broken by hit of car, one another dog died in an accident, he is in a clinic under examination and we hope there is help for him. I have never seen a bigger GSD.

· Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
By first exams he has no internal injuries, so he has a chance for a life.
On a nameless way near the Serbian border this boy and a female stepped from the forest to a way. A car with high speed runned over them. A female GSD died immediately, a boy (on the pic about three years old) survived, and the state police called us.
Now he is in the best clinic in our country and we are waiting for the news. He will have hard days and weeks, but at the end of the recovery we'll find him a very best family to spend his life in, slow walks afternoon and watch TV at evenings.

· Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We have good news. Robinson (this is a given name of the boy) is after a four hours long operation. He's living and stable, he is in a hospital, ready for recovery. Tomorrow I'll visit him, and post a pic. Your (and our) prayers are listened! :)

· Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
There is Robinson today.
He is weak and sleeps all day, full of painkillers, but the operation was successful.
He will be in a hospital for two weaks, and later he will go to a warm home for full recovery.
(I see this home is mine maybe:) )

and the vets found an old bullet in his bone:

· Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
He started to walk today! Weak but wants to live! Vets said he is very gentle and quiet dog.
Tomorrow I'll go to visit him.

· Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Robinson pic updates

He is very weak and slow. He must walk few steps day by day, we went to a backyard taking pics. Robinson is very sad, the hospital crew said he doesn't know the collar, he is wondering seeing people around him he must be very lonely before the accident.
He is very gentle, a big bear who can't understand what is happening.

· Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Robinson today
Today hi is better, I saw more life in his eyes.
There's a family with us they want to adopt Robinson. We visited them before, this big boy will live in a very good place. A big basket in the bedroom, a good place to watch TV, a loving family. What else can we give? By my heart I'd take him home but we have four furry. We were his last chance, but this boy touched another hearts too.
We will hold our eyes on him, but we think he would better to be only one dog in a family. He needs listen and care and love for a lifetime, not shared, but just him. This is our decision. Thanks for warm words from You, I'm sure Your prayers helped to him.:hug:

These are the best/worst moment in the GSD rescue work...Waiting for the next case

· Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 · (Edited)
I just wanted to share a pic here, but so much of us wanted to know about him!!!
I promise, later I'll inform You about Robinson's life.
I'm very grateful all of You to hear me, listening how our big boy's steps beeing a dog again and finding a new home.
Maybe it's not this topic theme but I just wanted to share a pic in this place.
So thank You for prayers and warm words.

· Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Robinson update today
He feels better and better. He eats only from our hand:D but he is able to.
We visit him all the day and his new Mom who will adopt him visits him every evening. On the next week he can go to his new home to start a new better life.

[/IMG]

· Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I have a bad news today. Tonight Robinson has slept forever. His heart stopped. He was in a hospital due to different symptoms.

We are shocked. We followed his life, he lived in our friends family, we were in daily connection.

This is a video for his loving memory

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.