German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Never tried that product...but did have my GSD on Fortiflora when she was a puppy for a couple of months.

Just a suggestion, you might want to switch the chicken/rice to ground beef/rice (drain all the fat off the groundbeef and pat dry with a paper towel). I had tried everything to get rid of my puppy's diarrhea and some of the things I tried helped for a day or two...then it would come back. The woman that runs the doggie daycare where I take my dog to suggested I take away the chicken and replace it with something else. Within a day or two...my dog got over her diarrhea and it hasn't come back.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
I have used the same product but my vet tells me that no one product is completely effective, that a combination in necessary for real success. Still, I use it anyway. And I agree with Pattycakes, Stosh cannot tolerate chicken for long- when he had giardia and went on rice/chicken things only got worse. The ground beef/brown rice worked wonders. I'm not kidding when I put chicken in his dish, he backed up with his ears down and hid under the kitchen table- I got the message.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts