German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a really stupid question but do you think Chance would get too hot if I kept him in doggy PJ's when he's inside? We keep it pretty cool in the house and we're outside most the day anyways, which he wouldn't need them when outside.

The reason I ask isn't because I want my dog to be cute (No matter how cute he really is in PJ's. xD) but because my moms planning on moving in with her boyfriend when we move to SC and he's allergic to dogs. >_< Seeing as Chance sheds and sheds and sheds and never stops shedding, I was thinking keeping something on him would reduce the amount of hair that spreads around the house. =/

He does have jammies already (Which he's only worn for pictures) and doesn't seem to mind them. If he hated them I wouldn't even be asking but since he doesn't seem to care and gets around fine in them?

·
Registered
15,940 Posts
K 9 Topcoat advertises that their product helps with allergies (I think) I understood that that was the DOGS allergies 'though. If chance is a stock coat he might do OK but if he's a long coat, the hair tends to matt in the leg pits of the front legs if the gear is left on very long.

·
Banned
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, he doesn't have a long coat.

Well mom also doesn't want the hair everywhere in the new house because she says Ron will have a problem with it. (Allergy wise and because he's a total clean freak...If only he saw the house how it normally is, he only see's it when mom makes us clean up right before he comes over) She says he has to stay outside during the day because of it and I'll do anything I can to stop that because Chance is litterally my shadow, he very very rarely isn't right against me, going where ever I go. I like her boyfriend but he's really messing up life for us by moving in. My dog was here first and it's not fair he's going to all of a sudden be kicked outside because he's moving in, she's only known this guy 4 months. -_-;

·
Banned
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh and he wont be outside 24/7. She said he can come in at night and sleep in his crate. (LOL...Yeah right. He's going to sleep in my bed like he always does. It's CHANCE'S choice if he wants to sleep in his crate or not.) But that still doesn't work for me. Like I said, he's my shadow. We do everything together. If I'm making food, he's right there with me. If I'm taking out the trash, he's right there with me. Heck, if I'm on the toilet, he's right there at my feet. I don't appreciate her trying to change that because of one man who it might not work out with. ><

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
How long will it be before you're old enough to find a place of your own? I hope it doesn't come to that but it might.

Have you looked into using Allerpet?
http://www.allerpet.com/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts