German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
That's a cool picture...I don't see too many herding pictures posted on here!

·
"I like Daffy" Moderator
3,276 Posts
Good Luck! She looks great.

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
I just cry a little every time I see herding training! So wish this were more available to us.

Looks like the training is going so well and it is much fun to do with a dog with innate herding talent!

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
She looks like a wolf out there workin with those sheep. Beautiful dog!!! Those are great pics!

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Great to see pictures of your kids on here Cliff! She looks great out there! I like the last one where she's looking at the camera like "what you doing over there?!"

Those are some woooolllly sheep.

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Daphne,
That means a lot coming from you as you have been successful in herding with your dogs. This is a venue that I am new to so I have a more humble attitude because so many here know more than I do and I'm trying to learn. I speak on what I know and listen when I'm in forum that I haven't actively participated in. She is really loved by the instructor and is bringing her out of retirement in terms of competeing....good for me!!
GsdElsa,
She was starting to lose focus after being out there for about twenty minutes, and was looking for Daddy...lol

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
What lines is Dura out of, Cliff? She's not one of your home breds is she?

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
great pics,,I was chuckling at the one where she was "where's daddy?"

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dura is a DDR dog out of East lines. She is linebred on Sven v Grafental. I have her to compliment my West and Czech lines. She has great hunt drive and that is an important trait to me. She also goes back to old DDR herding lines, which were strong in functional conformation and working intelligence.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Ah, interesting Cliff! I would not have guessed that she was your DDR girl! Although the pics are far away, she's doing look as "stacked" as most DDR dogs seem to be. I'm glad I'm getting to see the pics of all your puppers now! I was wondering what they all looked like! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts