German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were at a dinner/dance last night. The MC did a little roast of one of the people in attendance. Seems this guy likes 'vettes, had a new one, and opened it up to about 80 on the highway. Soon he saw red lights in his rear view mirror. A trooper came up to his window and said, "it's 10 minutes until my shift ends, tell me one I've never heard before and I'll let you go". So the guy, Tom, says, "Well, Sir, my first wife ran off with a trooper and I thought you were trying to bring her back" He let him go!

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
LOL ... I never heard that one before. Great comeback!

[edit: Did his first wife really ran off with another trooper or did the story just come into his head right then?]

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know - it was told as a story at a dinner so I don't know the primary source. I just thought it was hysterical!!

·
Premium Member
11,154 Posts
I have two - both true, both State Troopers and they are REALLY hard to get out of a ticket !!!!

A few months ago, I ran a left turn red - unmarked car right behind me! He pulled me over and asked where I was going, (to the pet warehouse to get dog food), asked why I ran the yellow/red - (sat through 2 of them, and thought I could squeeze through) and then he told me he was on his way to go pee! and did not feel like taking time to write a ticket, so he was just giving me a verbal warning!!!! REALLY TRUELY HONESTLY !!!! He had to go pee!

Then years ago, I was tearing up a highway on my way to an emergency vet appointment with a feral kitten who'd fallen off a fire escape and was trickling blood from the nose - got pulled over by a notoriously tough Statie who listened to me ( I did conjure up some sniffles and tears
) looked at the kitten with his little tongue sticking out, and the blood on his nose - and let me go! My friends husband who was a bus driver (the garage was in the area where this trooper was stationed) could not believe this, as this guy had SUCH a reputation as a hard ass!

Lee

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Wow Lee, That is unreal that he let you go. Nice to know that even the 'tough' troopers have a soft spot.
How did the kitten make out?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Last time I got pulled over, a cop caught me doing 45 in a 25, talking on the phone, and not wearing a seat belt. I came up over the hill and saw the cop sitting there. He probably read my lips..."sh*t!" As I passed by, I saw his tail lights go on and I knew he was coming after me. So, I pulled over and waited for him. He came FLYING over the hill and passed by the street where I stopped. I think the only thing that got me out of that ticket was that I waited for him and didn't make him chase me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts