German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the problem: Daisy listens to me. She will sit on command, minds well (as much as can be expected). She is learning not to jump up on my lap unless I invite her. But with my wife, she won't listen. "NO!" just goes in one ear and out the other, seemingly. She'll run and jump up on the couch, nip at her (wife's) feet, the whole gambit, all the things she doesn't do to me.

How do we train Daisy that she has to mind her momma as well as daddy?

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Does your wife participate in the training? Does she walk her or feed her? If not, getting her to do so should help. Wife should have alone time with pup, just playing so they can bond. Does your wife say more than NO! To her?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does your wife participate in the training? Does she walk her or feed her? If not, getting her to do so should help. Wife should have alone time with pup, just playing so they can bond. Does your wife say more than NO! To her?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
The training is probably 70/30 between me and her, due to the fact we have small children so her time and attention is divided between them. As far as time together, I work away from home, so for a significant part of the month it is just my wife home without me. There is a significant behavioral change in Daisy when I'm here versus when I'm not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts