German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I officially made the leap to raw. It's been two days now, and my GSD puppy LOVES this food. My older mixed breed dog has not eaten in two days. His reaction was kinda cute, he didn't know what to make of it (I'll include a link to the video I made of he and the pup with their first RAW meal).

Any suggestions for getting my old dog to eat?

-I tried barely heating the chicken breast meat (no bones). Wouldn't touch it.
-I tried almost fully cooking the breast meat, but still pink center. Wouldn't touch it.
-I tried making a chicken gravy and mixing it in with the bits of chicken. No, he said.
-I tried crumbling bits of his kibble onto it. No a chance, he said.
-I tried putting whole bits of the kibble in it. Nope.

I don't know what else to try. It's a battle of wills I think, and I don't want my baby to be hungry!

Here is a link to the vid. WTF are you feeding me Ma?! - YouTube

·
Registered
27,250 Posts
What about a ground beef or venison mix? Or green tripe! Most dogs aren't sensitive to beef. I transferred my 11 yr old onto raw and she took to it easily, chicken leg 1/4s were what I gave her.
It could be the texture, hae you tried semi-frozen?

·
Registered
14,034 Posts
Chop it up into small pieces. Mix in some of his old kibble - start with more kibble than chopped raw.

Once you can switch him to 100% raw then you can start making the pieces bigger.

Remember - raw meat has little odor. Kibble is sprayed with fats and other odor enhancers to make it APPEALING to dogs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts