German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so so excited I can't sleep haha. I'm getting a baby on Saturday, he'll be the biggest of the litter, I'll get pictures as soon as I get them I'm just so excited! Anything to help alleviate the excitedness because it's making it hard to sleep ha. :p

Here's some pictures of my current baby who isn't a full gsd, but he's gsd/collie. His mother was GSD, his father was GSD/collie. This'll alleviate all your puppy picture needs for now! Aahh!! :p Help me calm down haha! :D

I haven't had a full GSD for over 2 years now, my last one was absolutely amazing and I adored him, I never got a chance to get a full bred one, now I can and it just is amazing because they've been my favourite breed for most of my life. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
me and you both.

We're getting ours Monday. I can't get him until then because we're doing a disney trip so it makes no sense... My wife went as far as getting him early and just bringing the dog with us. I told her no because we can't get a new dog and take it to vacation with zero training. but I did consider it LOL.

I'm just patiently waiting for Monday lIt's my kid's 1st trip to disney so we're all excited for the trip, but I already want disney trip to end (it hasn't even started) so I can get Chase! LOL

for keeping a lid on the excitement, I reccomending reading all the posts here LOL

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both. Hehe.

me and you both.

We're getting ours Monday. I can't get him until then because we're doing a disney trip so it makes no sense... My wife went as far as getting him early and just bringing the dog with us. I told her no because we can't get a new dog and take it to vacation with zero training. but I did consider it LOL.

I'm just patiently waiting for Monday lIt's my kid's 1st trip to disney so we're all excited for the trip, but I already want disney trip to end (it hasn't even started) so I can get Chase! LOL

for keeping a lid on the excitement, I reccomending reading all the posts here LOL
Oh my god I couldn’t even wait for Monday. I already have his vaccines booked for Monday!! I had to jump through a few hoops to be able to afford his pedigree but I had to do it since they’re so rarely sold where I live!

Sleepless nights for me now haha. I’m reading the forum constantly and I’m just so **** excited even more so. I wish we could just teleport in time real quick. ? haha. I’m glad someone else’s is sharing my pain right now though!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Would you mind posting his pedigree? Waiting can be so hard to do!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh my goodness here he is and more pictures to follow soon. Me having the two dogs will be amazing and make me feel so secure. I have horrible horrible agoraphobia and seizures with panic attacks and so my other dog is my assistance dog and that is the only way I can go out. So I’m super excited for this new baby and he will be my second assistance dog when my other babe needs a rest. I’m so insanely excited haha because these babes will help me enjoy going outside again!

Also with both being german shepherds I’ll be feel protected from threats (I have extreme ptsd. )

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
Don't know what you're complaining about.

GSD and Border collies are two best dogs ever. And you have both of them! >:)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't have it on hand, he's 4 months old on Saturday! It's literally my first time getting one that's registered cough.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Do you know the parent's registered names? Now I'm really curious about this guy. He is adorable!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not yet till I see the paperwork ? I’m excited. He will be training as soon as he’s settled in for helping me with seizures agoraphobia and ptsd.

Yeah sorry I didn’t honestly pay attention to his breeding except the fact that he is healthy, a pedigree with good temperament typical of the breed and has a good hip score. ☺

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Hopefully he is everything you want him to be. Congrats and good luck! We look forward to hearing more about him.

Also, he is a black & tan, probably saddleback.

·
Super Moderator
7,252 Posts
Although genetically they’re the same.... he may end up closer to black and red.

Curious, how old is your current dog? From the pics he still appears to be a puppy...

·
Super Moderator
7,252 Posts
I don’t doubt your capabilities, I’m just looking at it from a service dog angle and the likelihood of puppies that are so similar in age, bonding too closely with each other.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don’t doubt your capabilities, I’m just looking at it from a service dog angle and the likelihood of puppies that are so similar in age, bonding too closely with each other.
Oh I see! Sorry I'm a bit on edge since I got some backlash for my views on putting down aggressive dogs yesterday. -.- The people in the UK can be a bit TOO touchy with dogs such so that most training collars are banned here or extremely hard to get as vets do not accept them.

They'll both be trained separately thank goodness but I get snuggle time when they're done with training for the day. ^^

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
so you are in the UK ?

why is it so rare to be able to get a "pedigreed gsd" .
quote the kittykatty " I had to jump through a few hoops to be able to afford his pedigree but I had to do it since they’re so rarely sold where I live! "

why ? why is it so important . Being recognized by a kennel club is only a registry which records the name of sire and name of dam , date of birth , gender and breeder . It is a public record . It in no way has any bearing on the quality of the breeding , knowledge or ethics of the breeder and not one iota on the ability of the dog to perform in specialized training .
You are buying a D O G . and gettying hyper excited because he is registered which may have "bankrupt" you.
Not actually , but you did have to jump through hoops to afford .

Ironically the "new" one looks very much like your "old" one .
He also has very thick ear leathers .

to be honest I have some thoughts on the relationship you have with your current house dog , the one that is 3/4 GSD , the one with the ear "problem".

you fixated so much on the ear carriage. How much does hair weigh ? Shaving his somewhat long hairs from his ears might net you an ounce or less in weight and that does not hold an ear down.

the subject dog of the ear problem has thick leather , there is a fold in the cartilage -- a little crimp .

messing around is going to damage the cartliage . Putting in moleskins or stays to train the ears may or may not help.

if done poorly might set up skin irritatin , mild infection.

in the sleepness hyper excitement of getting the new guy -- because he is registered --- the old but very young pup you already will be a background dog --- not the shiny object .

the dog looks downcast -- the eyes -- If you do not fully appreciate and are able to accept the dog for what he is , and being from the wrong side of the tracks (parentage) then maybe it is best for that dog, for your new dog, for the training for specialized service (if the new dog has the aptitude) and for yourself , time and finances , to find a loving home for the pup .

a home where he can be someones "mate" (buddy) - loved for what he is warts and all.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts