German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My breeder emailed me and said the dogs have been bred and the pups are due 9-8-2013.
We then will be getting him in November and I want to start planning and saving money for a pet sitter/dog walker.
I understand puppies are a ton of work.
I will be working full time plus be taking call my normal schedule is 730-4 M-F plus if I am on call I stay until the job is done and whenever they call.
I plan on figuring he may need to go out 2-3 times while I am gone during the day.
my question is, how many times will an 8 week old pup need to go out? every 2 hours?
my boyfriend will be home by 1 on Tuesdays and I wont be taking call every day and even when I will be on call I just wait at home until they call if they call.
I know he will need to go out at night as well which isn't a problem
I will have the evenings to socialize/train as well as the weekends.
How do people with full time jobs get a puppy.
Since my boyfriend is still in school he will have winter break which will be good for us and this was the time to get a puppy.
how long will I need a pet sitter to come in? I was figuring 2-3 times a day until 4 or 5 months and then just coming in 1-2 times a day until 7-8 months
I need suggestions

·
Registered
124 Posts
Honestly, if you can have someone let him/her out once while your at work you should be fine. I have a 10 week old now which my fiancé lets out everyday when she comes homes on her lunch break. We have yet to have an accident in the crate in over two weeks.

There are many people that have successfully trained their dog while having full times jobs.

It's great if they can go every two hours but that's just not realistic for 90% of people that have puppies.

Sent from Petguide.com App

1 - 2 of 2 Posts