German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 7yo white shepherd that we adopted when he was around 1. He’ll be laying down, even asleep sometimes, and then he will jump up and be terrified, shaking, tail tucked, and pressing himself against us as tight as possible. I don’t understand it at all. He is scared of loud noises, but there is no noise. Any ideas?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Maybe he is just getting more sensitive to things around him, there is often noises that dogs can hear that we cannot. My girl picks up on every plane passing overhead (even when it's practically inaudible inside the house), every dog or coyote a mile away, etc. I've often wondered why she is whining and then when I open the door for her to go outside I hear the faintest sound or see something in the distance. I suppose it's also possible that there might be some kind of dementia or other neurological issues developing, but that's not something I know much about in dogs.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe he is just getting more sensitive to things around him, there is often noises that dogs can hear that we cannot. My girl picks up on every plane passing overhead (even when it's practically inaudible inside the house), every dog or coyote a mile away, etc. I've often wondered why she is whining and then when I open the door for her to go outside I hear the faintest sound or see something in the distance. I suppose it's also possible that there might be some kind of dementia or other neurological issues developing, but that's not something I know much about in dogs.
Thanks for some thoughts. Maybe it is an unknown noise. I don’t think dementia since he has no other signs of issues (knows all his commands and is alert).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts