German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My step mom recently went on a three week trip to Turkey and at one point, came across this scene and managed to snap a picture for me. Below the rock formation (which is someones home) are a herd of horses and apparently the GSDs had the job of protecting the herd and family by barking if any strangers got too close. If you look closely, there are two of them in there. Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
what a COOL picture!!!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
that is awesome!

·
Registered
906 Posts
How neat is that!!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Wow! My life is so boring. :) Beautiful picture!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
How in the world do those dogs get up there. I don't see any wings. :p very cool

·
Registered
27,271 Posts
Sweet!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Seda - Not sure exactly where she snapped the photo as she traveled all across the country. From what I saw of the photos she brought back, there are some gorgeous buildings and the landscape is to die for.

Justine - I believe there is a tunnel system inside the rock formation that has been dug out to make hallways/ rooms.

·
Registered
38 Posts
These places are from the very early times and historical places. I believe the picutre is from Cappadocia (Göreme, Nevsehir). Very very beautiful scenery. Tourist from all over the world come and visit every year. Normally people do not live in these houses; however, some locals have made home out of these.

I am also Turkish; however, I just had a chance to visit that place about a year ago.

Here is wikipedia info: Cappadocia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Here are some pictures from google search: kapadokya - Google'da Ara

1 - 19 of 19 Posts