German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Recently been looking at adopting this dog who looks like a german shepherd but not a purebred. This is the only pic the owner has of her and she looks sad which is why I want to adopt her since she's already been with 2 families. Anyway, any suggestions as to what she might be? The owner has also said she is three years old.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
1. Looks like a GSD w/lowered ears, or ears that didn't pop.

2. You didn't ask, but adopting a dog because it "looks sad" is not a strong recipe for happiness. Better to match energy levels between dog and person/people.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thx for the reply. And when I say I want to adopt her because she looks sad, I was implying that if I were to get her I would make her happy and loved.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Ok thx for the reply. And when I say I want to adopt her because she looks sad, I was implying that if I were to get her I would make her happy and loved.
I understood what you were saying. There are a lot of reasons a dog might be "sad" - some are correctable with affection, some are genetic or long-term behavioral. If one/more of the latter, the relationship may be more work, if it works at all. I was trying to communicate that a happy long-term relationship with a dog doesn't necessarily end with the human's desire to impart affection.

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
She is a pretty girl, I hope that you can give her a forever and loving home. I am sure she will repay you with love and lots of great memories.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
so many dogs were chosen because "they looked sad" some times it works, sometimes not. do you know why this dog has been in 2 different homes now? you may do more harm than good if you are unable to deal with some some inherent problems. having said that, kudos for looking to rescue. just make sure you understand the possibility exists that this may not be as smooth as one would sometimes think and you may need some pro training help. good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts