German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm moving into my new house in Charlotte on January 10th and I have decided the guest room is going to be a German Shepherd theme. Any ideas on places to buy figurines, rugs, pillow cases, curtins, blankets, etc... would help or even just anything black/tan in color to go with the decorations. I think it will look nice when it's all done!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
If you can find a simple stamp of a GSD or even a GSD head, you could paint the room tan and then stamp the GSD in black around the top of the walls or as a border in the center. I did my son's room (tan with green stamped oak leaves) and it looked fantastic.

If you have a ShopKo they have some cute black and tan rugs and accent pillows in there.

ETA: my bedspread is a nice GSD tan (from Bed Bath Beyond) and underneath it is a gorgeous, soft, rich black Vellux blanket from JCPenny. Best blanket around and hasn't faded with many washings!

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
My Living room is
I got a puppy and grown figurine of GSD's from danbury mint
and 8 gsd plates I also have a throw of a GSD
not to mention the shrine of pics of brady

·
Registered
15,884 Posts
How about having some life size photos mounted on gator board & zip cut? You could then have your non-shedders in the guest room....

Fabric stores have fabric with GSD prints. Try Ebay for a great selection of different items with GSD motifs from figurines to throws to rugs. Stuff ranges from pricy to reasonable to cheap.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
We have gsd items scattered throughout the house. I think a bedspread or throw, figurines and photos would be a nice touch. I especially like the sepia ones.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
eBay has toooooooooooooooons of GSD. Almost anything you can think of to put on the walls or collect dust on the shelf. And the tan walls with black accents would look good with even only a few nic-nacs or pictures.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Oooooh! You could get some good pictures from the internet and of your dogs and print them in like an 8x11 black frame- that would cost way less and you could change the pictures more often!

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
I want to see the room when it is done! I have thought of doing that in my son's room which is now a guest room too. I just have not gotten around to it as we recently moved and then i got deployed to the sandbox. But next summer will be here soon.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have been browsing around a lot online and from the links posted. Thanks! I will post photos as I get more stuff in there but for now it's pretty bare.

A comforter or throw would be perfect, ill be keeping a look out! If you ever find anything feel free to post it.

Thanks again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts