Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My almost 4yr old german shepard suddenly refuses to go on our daily
walks. She will go in the yard & play

·
Super Moderator
32,230 Posts
I corrected your thread title to "shepherd".

·
Registered
66 Posts
Is the problem the walk or the leash/collar? How does she act if you use a leash in the yard? Did she have a bad experience during a walk? Is there something new on your route that could be bothering her? Have you taken her in a car to a different area and tried a walk there?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Leash in yard
Is the problem the walk or the leash/collar? How does she act if you use a leash in the yard? Did she have a bad experience during a walk? Is there something new on your route that could be bothering her? Have you taken her in a car to a different area and tried a walk there?
Leash in yard is fine. She wants to go for a walk. Ive taken her in the car. Shes gotten out & wants to get back in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
She walks fine in yard with the leash. Ive taken her in the car(which she loves) we got out & she freaks wants to go back in car

·
Registered
66 Posts
That does sound like fear and not physical. I'm not a behaviorist and would just be guessing at things to try. I would suggest you connect with a dog behaviorist. My last thought is to make sure you are not transmitting any fear or apprehension to your dog, you need to be enthusiastic and excited. Did this start with Covid-19, is your dog picking up fear of getting exposed while out of the house from you? Dogs can pick up on our emotions even before we know what emotion we are feeling.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Any chance she got stung by a bee or hornet out on a walk? Fire ant nest? Something scared her out on a walk.

I used to have hawks that dive bombed one of my young horses cause she always meandered near the nest.
That poor horse had so many hawk bites on her that year. She was a V-E-R-Y slow learner.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts