German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m working on a canine questionnaire to try to judge typical German Shepherd reasoning processes. It’s short so far…just three questions. But if you could give it to your doggie and let them answer it, I would appreciate it. It will give me a sort of baseline to work with.

Your human brings home a new pair of shoes and carelessly leaves without shutting, locking, bolting and nailing shut the closet door. Do you proceed to:
A: Chew on the new shoes
B: Chew on their favorite pair of old shoes
C: Ignore both the new and old shoes and seek out the most expensive pair of shoes to chew on.
D: Chew on all of them

Now that you’ve started chewing on the shoes do you:
A: Chew each shoe into a million little bits
B: Chew on each shoes just enough to ruin it
C : Chew on one shoe out of each pair of shoes.
D: It Depends. A true artist doesn’t just paint the same old picture over and over again.

The closet is firmly closed and locked, but Mommy has just bought you new chew toys. Do you
A: Chew on the new toys and try to destroy them immediately so Mum has to buy new ones
B: Find the 12 pack of toilet paper Mum just bought because she’s been suffering from massive diahrrea and shred it into uselessness.
C: Pee on the new toys and dig around in the bathroom until you find her tampon, which you will chew up and leave on the living room floor.
D: Depends on whether or not company is coming over.

Mommy has left a steak defrosting on the counter, given you the ‘leave it’ command and stupidly walked away. What do you do?
A: Waste not Want not. Eat it.
B: The Dr told Mum to cut back on meat and you’re trying to protect her health. Eat it.
C: If you don’t take it all now, you may have to share some of it later. Eat it.
D: Take the steak and leave a sock in its place as payment; then eat it.

Could use help coming up with additional questions.
Jelpy

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
I tried to get Hondo to answer the questions. However, before he answers any questions he wants to know what's in it for him. Sometimes he can be selfish that way.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Wolfie says that he doesn't chew shoes, and he definitely leaves that steak there. He's a good boy.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Note to self.....sign Wolfie up for abnormal behavior study..

Got it.

Jelpy

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Question # 1 - D - Lakota loves shoes, she doesn't care old, new, cheap, expensive, she can't resist shoes.
Question # 2 - D - I still wear my "Lakota Design" chewing heels are good but sometimes you have to do the toes.
Question # 3 - E - none of the above, out of sight out of mind, go lay on the bed.
Question # 4 - E - none of the above but don't thow the bone in the garbage.

New question:
What do you do after mommy brings home new plants to plant outside and leaves them for a day?
A) What plants, where are they?
B) Get them out of the pots & play chew the pot.
C) Break up the roots on the newly unpotted plant.
D) Do nothing and wait for mom to find a place to plant them, then remove them into a place of your choice.

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Haha, yeah, I guess this is only for dogs that actually destroy things? Frag couldn't answer any of them. :(

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
New question:
What do you do after mommy brings home new plants to plant outside and leaves them for a day?
A) What plants, where are they?
B) Get them out of the pots & play chew the pot.
C) Break up the roots on the newly unpotted plant.
D) Do nothing and wait for mom to find a place to plant them, then remove them into a place of your choice.

LOL. Answer would depend on how frustrated Mum would be if I waited until they were planted before removing them.

This Question definately goes on the test!

Jelpy

·
Registered
459 Posts
Here is a new question: Mommy has recently bought new furniture and carpet and is currently trying to spruce up the place a bit. Now after several years of no rugs in the house, yesterday she decided to buy a new one and place it on the floor. You are currently home alone while Mom is at work. Is the rug going to be in one piece when she gets home????

I don't have an answer yet, but I will let you know tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
OK 6 years ago Daisy's answers are as follows
4.Take the steak Eat the steak. Look on in disbelief that Mom would accuse you This is still true today. Even if it took a ramp,
3.B. Both Lucky and Daisy love TP its such a great appetizer or snack
2.As ayoung Dog Daisy would D cause Predictability would be too easy
1.Leave shoes go for remote or prescription eye glasses.Its a personal preference on daisy's part.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is a new question: Mommy has recently bought new furniture and carpet and is currently trying to spruce up the place a bit. Now after several years of no rugs in the house, yesterday she decided to buy a new one and place it on the floor. You are currently home alone while Mom is at work. Is the rug going to be in one piece when she gets home????

I don't have an answer yet, but I will let you know tomorrow.

Possible answers.

A: Chew on it in such a way that the damage cannot be disguised by a carefully placed table or chair.
B: Have a case of severe diahrrea all over the rug.
C: Chew on the new rug and the new furniture, wet on the new carpet and pull down the drapes.
D: Don't do anything for awhile until she gains a false sense of security, then act. A good time to strike is just before her next big party.

Jelpy

·
Registered
459 Posts
Possible answers.

A: Chew on it in such a way that the damage cannot be disguised by a carefully placed table or chair.
B: Have a case of severe diahrrea all over the rug.
C: Chew on the new rug and the new furniture, wet on the new carpet and pull down the drapes.
D: Don't do anything for awhile until she gains a false sense of security, then act. A good time to strike is just before her next big party.

Jelpy
I know both of my dogs too well. The answer to this question is D. And if it ever becomes C all will not be well in my household! ;)

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
1-Stella doesn't chew shoes....just carries them around and nibbles on the laces if they have them.
2-Just a nibble.
3-Toilet paper isn't a toy?
4-Eat it and forget about any kind of payment.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Plant question- definitely go for the pot.
Redecorating question- Stella will do a little redecorating of her own! Seems to like the worn and chewed look.

Another question---Out in the yard and my people actually had the nerve to go in for a few minutes. How do I spend my time?
a. Continue on my quest to dig up the whole yard.
b. Grab some things out of the garage, chew on them and then place them in odd places outside.
c. Remove the rain gutters. Never did like them.
d. Remove the bird feeders from the tree. Why should the birds get fed if I am not?

·
Registered
275 Posts
1) D-good grief, i've spent 15 mins trying to get Munich back into the house after he slips past me into the garage, he'll pick up one shoe, run around the car once with it, drop it off…snag another and repeat….and he only goes for shoes from overseas and my uggs =.=

2)C-he'll destroy the laces on just ONE, ONE out of each pair of my runners…thanks pupster…now i need new laces

3)A- brought him a stuffed monkey, he sat for it, got it, tackled it, hunted it, killed it a couple of times…24 hrs later, monkey was head+torso, and 4 limbs

4) E-Surprisingy, he never ever counter-surfed outside of one incident on his 2nd day home…i've even left him with a plateful of COOKED chicken drumsticks, went upstairs for my laptop and came back to a puppy who was stretching as far as his neck could extend to get his head as close as possible without touching the food…human food is for humans…and only given as a treat…he knows.

5)B and D….he has uprooted plants, and dug them out of their little carrier pots when they first get home and are left with him together in the backyard.

6) D….diarrhea all over our dining room carpet, and puked onto our living room carpet, BOTH just before we had to leave for a party =.=

7) E-continue potty break thn sit by the door and YOWL and cry like someone's killing me until they let me in :p

·
Registered
275 Posts
oh i have one

When mum or dad is in the washroom, do you...
A) Scramble in, slip in after them? And squeeze into a little corner?
B)Stand guard outside
c) Claw at the door trying to get in, convinced you need to save them from the hairdryer?
D)Stick your nose and paws through that little opening near the floor, it's ok mum...I'M STILL HERE

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LOL

For my dogs I would have to say A on the bathroom question, althought I would add "..sit directly in front of mum and stare at her with embarrassing intensity."

Jelpy

1 - 20 of 31 Posts