German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm trying to figure out if this puppy is a german shepherd through and through, or hopefully not mixed with pit? I tried searching google for images, but that didn't help much. Owner claimed both parents had been gsd, but well.... :p talk is cheap!

Thanks for any help in finding out what he is, attached are some photos below.

·
Premium Member
16,941 Posts
He looks like mix to me, but hard to tell when they are still so young. How old is he? Can you post pictures showing his whole body from different angles?

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
he definately looks mixed to me,,it's the head shape and not the coloring that makes me think mix

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
i'm far from a pro but the pup looks like he might
have some Pit and Rottie in him. if you were concerned
about a mix you should have used a reputable breeder.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I think he definately looks like a mix. The shape of the head seems different than a GSD pup and the ears seem too small. I would also agree with Doggie Dad that he looks a bit like a Rott mix. What a CUTE PUPPY though that's for sure!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here are some more photos.

I don't mind mixed breeds at all. Just curious if he is mixed with something.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
A couple of those pix make me want to say husky or some similar breed.

·
Registered
330 Posts
hmmm. I'm leaning towards Rottie in there somewhere. Adorable though. Tiny ears!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Very cute pup!
Give him a few weeks of growing and repost new pictures.

Right now he looks like a mix, I agree with Rottie but those ears and face remind me of Pittie.

Still, cute pup. Good luck :)

·
Registered
253 Posts
OMG..those wires behind his box are what my puppy was so interested in. He finally gave up his obsession for the wires. Be careful tho. they are lethal and costly to replace. Rugers favorite pastime was trying to eat the wires until I used bitter apple spray....cute puppy.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Definitely a mix. I think it might be rottie like others have said or could be pit. Hard to say since he's so young and even when he gets older you may never know.

What a cutie though :)

·
Registered
686 Posts
I vote GSD X Shar Pei! To account for the little ears. Very cute!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts