German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was wondering what are your favorite movies with German Shepherds in them? Or videos on the web that you like on GSD's whether informative or just pure awesome.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Ace of Hearts. Beverly Hills Chihuhas has a BEAUTY of a GSD, I saw a rin tin tin DVD collection at walmart:) I dunno if its a movie but Valient was a good book. There are others I have seen/read but I have short term memory. And can never think of them when I need or want, jus at random useless times ;)

·
Registered
149 Posts
I always loved rin tin tin, the 1920s one, and the WWI or WWII one (forget the name) but it had a GSD that was a boys dog that he gave to the war effort and they had to leave him behind over seas I think (been forever since I seen that one)

·
Registered
929 Posts
valient?

Ace of Hearts. Beverly Hills Chihuhas has a BEAUTY of a GSD, I saw a rin tin tin DVD collection at walmart:) I dunno if its a movie but Valient was a good book. There are others I have seen/read but I have short term memory. And can never think of them when I need or want, jus at random useless times ;)
whats the book valient about? and who is it by?

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
AMOS & ANDREW, K-9, KELLLY & ME, CHIPS THE WAR DOG! There's another one I've seen on the late-late-late show I think is called THE KENNEL CLUB MURDER CASE about a blind detective.

A friend of mine has a great GSD movie site you all might enjoy:
Home Page

·
Banned
31,833 Posts
There was an old black and white movie with a working line GSD in it. The dog was awesome. Of course, I cannot remember the name of the movie or who it starred. I think it was a spy movie I think, WWII maybe.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I always loved rin tin tin, the 1920s one, and the WWI or WWII one (forget the name) but it had a GSD that was a boys dog that he gave to the war effort and they had to leave him behind over seas I think (been forever since I seen that one)

CHIPS the war dog.. never can find it. I used to have it.. and it was great!

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
The Breed (lots of GSD's)

Fear

Radio Flyer

The Hills Have Eyes (2 GSD's)

The Brave One

The Three Lives of Thomasina

Atomic Dog

White Dog- crazy movie, didn't care for it but I did love the dog :)

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
If you go to Walmart, you can get "The Adventures of Rex and Rinty" as a DVD set for $5. I've also seen the K-9 movies (K-9, K-911, and K-9:pI) as sets for under $10.

There is also "Finding Rin-Tin-Tin", which is a movie about the real Rin-Tin-Tin - I don't know if it is still available because there was some kind of flap about them using the name Rin-Tin-Tin, which is either trademarked or copyrighted? There was some sort of issue, at any rate.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
ohhhhh man.. Radio Flyer!!!! and I forgot about Kaiser in Fear...

There is a GSD in that new cats and dogs movie coming out also... looks cute

·
Registered
520 Posts
AMOS & ANDREW, K-9, KELLLY & ME, CHIPS THE WAR DOG! There's another one I've seen on the late-late-late show I think is called THE KENNEL CLUB MURDER CASE about a blind detective.

A friend of mine has a great GSD movie site you all might enjoy:
Home Page

Wow...thanks for the link.

What an AMAZING COLLECTION they have put together of gsd movies. Thanks to them for taking the time and research to put it together. I'm going to spend some more time checking out the site and recommend everyone else do so as well!

Thanks

·
Registered
149 Posts
CHIPS the war dog.. never can find it. I used to have it.. and it was great!
Thats the name of it, yea I have not seen it on TV in probably 8 years or more and man I loved it, I hope they will put it on dvd soon, I have all the lassie movies and I want the rin tin tin movie, just have not seen it in my local wal-mart (I guess its popular or they just don't carrie it out in hickville USA)

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
If you go to Walmart, you can get "The Adventures of Rex and Rinty" as a DVD set for $5.
LOL, cool, I found my copy at Rite-Aid, excellent, and thats Rin Tin Tin Jr. in the series, also "War Dogs" but you`ll cry watching that one

1 - 20 of 47 Posts